Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post Enabling the extra inverted landscape rotation via KUAL

Here is a simple extension for the TOUCH and PAPERWHITE
(Thanks to Jimmy-Jim for confirming PW support)

Installation:

Just splatter the extracted rotations folder into /mnt/us/extensions like usual.

Effect:

It sets the rotation to "inverted landscape".
The next book you open will be in this view.

it DOES NOT AFFECT the main User interface.

Changing back:

To go back to ordinary "Landscape" or "Portrait" views just use the menu options in the reader itself... The moment you choose an alternate view then the "inverted landscape" view is gone, for good.

Do it again?

To re-activate "inverted landscape" again it is required to click the button in KUAL.

SUPPORT:

K2, K3, K4 are NOT SUPPORTED (you don't need it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_193.png
Views:	995
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	101691   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_194.png
Views:	766
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	101692  
Attached Files
File Type: gz rotations-extension-enabler-for-Touch-and-Later.tar.gz (800 Bytes, 444 views)
File Type: zip rotations-extension-enabler-for-Touch-and-Later.zip (1.3 KB, 670 views)

Last edited by twobob; 02-22-2013 at 08:18 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't use it on a Kinde 2, Kindle 3, DX, Kindle 4.

it will "show up" but is not required... as all rotations are already supported.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_195.png
Views:	555
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	101695  

Last edited by twobob; 02-21-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thank you for this! Will have KUAL installed on my PW ASAP!

One last request, would it be possible to have inverted portrait view as well? I usually read in bed on my right side but when I turn to the left, it's a little hard to hold on to my Kindle cover by its folded-back spine. Having an inverted portrait mode would help so much with that

Last edited by xtine; 02-21-2013 at 11:13 PM.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
No worries. As I indicated - the only real benefit is the extra inverted landscape.

I did test PDF support. seems fine.

I will probably tidy this up more at some point. but meh. it's a "goer".

Happy to help. apologies for the delays.
Testing always takes 10 times as long as creation
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post

One last request, would it be possible to have inverted portrait view as well? I usually read in bed on my right side but when I turn to the left, it's a little hard to hold on to my Kindle cover by its folded-back spine. Having an inverted portrait mode would help so much with that
Hmm. not easily as far as I could tell. seems to simply ignore the request.
Will have to dig further.

perhaps some "inversion of framebuffer" wangle could do the job. "Not Sure"

At this point... "not immediately."

I recall thinking this had only so much value (hence it's deprecation)

The script is super trivial. should anyone hack something together I will happily roll in the changes.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Here is a simple extension for the TOUCH and PAPERWHITE (I think)
Just tested it on my Paperwhite. Works fine.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #7
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
No problem, just the inverted landscape alone is already a huge help. Many thanks again!

Update: Installing KUAL turned out to be ridiculously easy Have inverted landscape working on my PW now!

Last edited by xtine; 02-22-2013 at 01:52 AM.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
twobob, thanks for this. Does it work with 5.8.7 (Voyage). I get the kual button, but clicking it seems to do nothing. I tried both putting it in landscape then clicking the button, and clicking the button then putting it in landscape. I still get normal landscape, where "left" side is the "bottom", where the USB connector is.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
twobob, thanks for this. Does it work with 5.8.7 (Voyage). I get the kual button, but clicking it seems to do nothing. I tried both putting it in landscape then clicking the button, and clicking the button then putting it in landscape. I still get normal landscape, where "left" side is the "bottom", where the USB connector is.
twobob has not been here since 2014 and is presumed dead.

This being a DIY forum (that is where all of this stuff comes from) you have two choices:
uninstall it, pretend you never heard of it
or
fix it (and post the fix back here)

I seem to recall some posts here about the firmware only supporting three orientations.
I do not recall which firmware was the first version to drop the fourth orientation.
A bit of searching might turn up information about the subject (try our advanced search).

Last edited by knc1; 04-16-2017 at 01:54 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enable, helper, kual, rotation