Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Sirkit
Sirkit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 300
Strange MetaData Issue

Using Calibre to manage my books and the changes I make to the metadata information in Calibre doesn't seem to be translating properly to my PRS 300 reader. The behavior includes odd characters being substituted at the end of book titles and author names and, in one case, the title and author appearing in the title data. I can change the information directly on the reader, which solves the problem, but any new books I add have similar problems. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there a solution?
Sirkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Sirkit

I'm sorry, I should also add that the strange characters only show up after I have disconnected the device from my computer. Before disconnect the Metadata appears to be perfectly fine in Calibre after disconnect the titles and information go strange and remain that way unless I edit them, in Calibre, on the reader it's self.

Thanks for anyone's help
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
What file types are you seeing this behavior with?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is likely the long standing PDF bug.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Sirkit

Yes they are PDFs. If this is a known bug should I just convert the files?
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes it is a known bug
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
Sirkit

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support.