Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #106
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I have uploaded a new version. There is something strange with the lists. If I create a document with the lists manually or in the test document remove the list and then reapply the list, the function works fine. It seems that there is something not quite right, but I cannot make the distinction in Word as it is now. The only advice I can give is to check your lists afterwards. Perhaps I will find a fix later.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #107
EinfachNurIch
EinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshesEinfachNurIch can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: tolino, Kobo Aura HD
There is a typo in the macro. In the function LoadArrays "&dbquo;" instead "„".
EinfachNurIch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #108
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right you are.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #109
steppe
Enthusiast
steppe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (broke), Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I have uploaded a new version. There is something strange with the lists.
Thanks for fulfulling the requests. Regarding lists, maybe this has to do with different versions of Word. Anyways, changing <ol> to <ul> by hand is not that difficult if you know in advance that the problem may occur.
steppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #110
steppe
Enthusiast

This is not really a problem, but the new version of the Macro creates a folder Save_As_HTML.files (attached). This folder is not mentioned in the HTML file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Save_As_HTML.files.zip (4.5 KB, 414 views)
Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #111
Toxaris
Wizard

Correct, it is part of the conversion process to determine which images are there. They should be deleted afterwards, but that does not always work. Do not blame me, blame MS. Handling images is handled poorly in VBA... So much better in VB.Net or C#.
I do not recommend using those images anyway, but insert them in Sigil manually. The quality is usually less than what you get from OCR. Therefore I do enter the links to the images in Sigil style and no real link to the actual image.

Last edited by Toxaris; 05-14-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #112
steppe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Do not blame me, blame MS. Handling images is handled poorly in VBA... So much better in VB.Net or C#.
I am not blaming you Thanks for the explanation.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #113
cathytas
cathytas began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad
I'm a Mac user and new to this. Do I just drag the macro onto my desktop? Where does it work from? Very nervous about altering Word and then not able to delete it.
cathytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #114
Toxaris
Wizard

You need to add it to Word via the Visual Editor. On Windows this works via Alt-F11, no idea how this works on a Mac.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #115
steppe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathytas View Post
I'm a Mac user and new to this. Do I just drag the macro onto my desktop? Where does it work from? Very nervous about altering Word and then not able to delete it.
Unpack the .zip file that you downloaded from the first post in this thread. Launch Microsoft Word, hold down the "Option" key and press the "F11" key. The Visual Basic window will appear. In the left-hand panel, click the "Normal" project, then click the menu "File" of the Visual Basic window and select "Import file." Navigate to Toxaris's .bas file, select it, and press "OK." Close the Visual Basic window. Open your document in Word, select the "View" ribbon, and click the "Macros" button. In the dialog window, select "Transform_HTML" and press "Run." Click either "No" or "Cancel" when presented with various questions, except for the last question "Save HTML?" where you have to select "Yes."

If your version of Word doesn't have the "ribbon interface" (Word 2008 for Mac or older), then you can download a free 30-day trial of the latest Microsoft Office. The macro works fine in the latest Word for PC.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #116
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
As I left Windows behind me for several years now I've tried your macro with LO on Linux. No go of course. Some comments? A pointer?
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #117
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by varlog View Post
As I left Windows behind me for several years now I've tried your macro with LO on Linux. No go of course. Some comments? A pointer?
Sure... It only works on MS Word. It can never work on LO/OO, since that is a totally different program...
Old 06-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #118
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Being simple as I am I just thought it is Basic program operating on a text document - so the "only" problems are compability of program and document. From your answer I take it nobody played (me excluded) with your macro in LO yet.
I added:
Option VBASupport 1
Option Compatible
I get:
BASIC syntax error.
Variable CharFonts already defined.

which is Basic incompatibility probably.
If time allows, your permission presumed, I'll play some more...
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #119
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
This is not an in-depht analysis, but a quick check shows, that it works well in W2003. So W97 shoudn't cause much problems.

It's great !!!!!!
Is there any hope for Word 2000?

Thanks - NJ
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #120
Toxaris
Wizard

All I can say is try. I don't have copies of Word 2000 for many years now. It might work. It is not depending on ribbons or alike.

Tags
ebook tools