Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #1321
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
porting of Android has been currently postponed because of some hard to solve issues. Most of work is already done, but the most annoying bottleneck of current version is the power management - the developers can not stop rapid discharging of battery. Even in suspend mode the battery is empty within of 3-4 days. As long as this is not solved it won't be released.
We decided to finish improvement of the current software first and then go back to Android. Unfortunately as a rather small company Onyx lacks on engineers to work in parallel on many tasks.
The first big task is implementation of multitasking. It is already in work for some weeks. Hope be able to present it soon (together with some other fixed issues)
Thanks Booxtor for this good news, and thanks for continue to work for us.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #1322
Isidore6
Isidore6 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Onyx M92-Unknow Firmware 1.8.20121220

I bought in February 2013 an Onyx Boox M92 Eink Pearl Display at all_cycle_world.
Firmware version: 1.8.20121220
I didn't find anything on the Net about this version, that seems unknown.
I consider installing the version 1.8.20121113 of Booxstor, but before, it is possible to protect the version of origin?
Concerning the version 1.8.20121113, does a documentation exist?
Isidore6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #1323
Wish
Wish began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Quote:
Hi,

porting of Android has been currently postponed because of some hard to solve issues. Most of work is already done, but the most annoying bottleneck of current version is the power management - the developers can not stop rapid discharging of battery. Even in suspend mode the battery is empty within of 3-4 days. As long as this is not solved it won't be released.
We decided to finish improvement of the current software first and then go back to Android. Unfortunately as a rather small company Onyx lacks on engineers to work in parallel on many tasks.
The first big task is implementation of multitasking. It is already in work for some weeks. Hope be able to present it soon (together with some other fixed issues)
Sounds intriguing. Bring it on!
Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #1324
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Hi,

A very sincere thank you!

I'm very much looking forward to the multitasking.
paralleluniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #1325
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Will there be any improvements in the browser?
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #1326
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
Will there be any improvements in the browser?
+1

I am sure Booxtor has his hands full, but there are a few issues:

1. Back Button: I cannot replicate on demand, but oft times the back button 'reloads' the same page.
I get a suspicion (!) that it happens on pages that reload/refresh part of pages (e.g. comments, news, etc.), thus the back button only takes me back to the same page 'prior reload'.
If this is correct, the back functionality needs to be mended to an on-URI basis, i.e. not just prior reload but prior URI.
(One site where is seems to happen a lot is when choosing individual articles is http://www.truth-out.org/.)

2. Input: Still many issues with input fields (especially TEXTAREA). I would say, for what I use, only about one in three works.
Again, my suspicion (!) is that it happens mostly if javascript is involved (which, of course, it often is these days).

3. Wishlist: Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean... Tabs would be very nice!

4 WIshlist: Copying text - maybe long-click (like one Android) can be used?
This includes the URI itself (it is sometimes nice to be able to copy a URI to a mail or forum).

Re. wishlist: can someone tell me f it is up to me or the devs to amend it to show those coloured squares in front of a topic when solved? A few of mine have been done (much joy on that score, he!) so not sure how to mark them as such.
I assume that the wishlist is still in use...

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #1327
Wish
Wish began at the beginning.

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJY View Post
Input: Still many issues with input fields (especially TEXTAREA). I would say, for what I use, only about one in three works.
Again, my suspicion (!) is that it happens mostly if javascript is involved (which, of course, it often is these days).
Agreed. I had to find out about this just yesterday and it renders the device useless for many websites.
Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #1328
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Hi, I've just added a bugfix and a feature request to the M92 wiki.

Bug:

FW 1.8.1 20121113 Status bar icons choice does not stick. For example, select Annotation Icons, now open the menu, select Go To Page, at this moment the status gets reverted to General Icons.

Feature request:

FW 1.8.1 20121113 User customizable content of the Status Bar (higher priority) as well as a user customizable "tab" in the Home button menu (alongside the existing Reading, Page Settings etc. tabs) (lower priority).

This is my alternative to the Most Recently/Frequently Used Items suggested by someone else.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #1329
Schmitti
Enthusiast
Schmitti began at the beginning.

1.8 installation doesn't work here

Tried to install 1.8 firmware on my m92 (default configuration), and it went smoothly at first, extracting and installing only took about one minute, then it started booting, I waited 10 minutes, nothing, just the boot screen, waited another hour, nothing. Tried to reset, the damn thing doesn't boot anymore.

Any suggestions? Is it the m92 freeze thing? Is there a version of the 1.8 firmware that doesn't make the m92 freeze? Or is it another problem?
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #1330
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Tried to install 1.8 firmware on my m92 (default configuration), and it went smoothly at first, extracting and installing only took about one minute, then it started booting, I waited 10 minutes, nothing, just the boot screen, waited another hour, nothing. Tried to reset, the damn thing doesn't boot anymore.

Any suggestions? Is it the m92 freeze thing? Is there a version of the 1.8 firmware that doesn't make the m92 freeze? Or is it another problem?
Something is wrong with your update. Where did you get it? Did you download it from here so the size of the file must be 121.217.689 bytes. Installing takes usually 7-10 minutes (depends on the SD card).

If you try to power on the device watch the LED - does it light continuously (ca. 10 sec) or does it blink three time? In the second case your battery could be discharged.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #1331
Schmitti
Enthusiast

I downloaded the 1.8 update from the URL provided in this forum. The size in byte is exactly the same. The LED is red and on the whole time since yesterday evening. (Power coming from the socket via USB.) When I take out the USB cable, the LED goes to blue and stays on. I can't switch the device off, and rebooting after reset doesn't work… it freezes at the first "block" of the boot progress bar.

So maybe something is wrong with the way I applied the update. (??)

(1) Do I need to update to 1.3, 1.4 etc. first, before going to 1.8? (I went to 1.8 directly.)
(2) Do I have to keep pressing the joystick button and on/off button the whole time or only until the firmware is starting to look for the new update? (I kept pressing it until it had found the installer archive and started extracting the contents.)
(3) Does the SD card need to be formatted in a certain way? (I have MS-DOS FAT32.)
(4) Does the installer archive (in zip format) have to be located in the root folder on the SD card? (That's where I put it.)
(5) Must the SD card be otherwise empty? (I have a couple of folders with ebooks on it as well. Unused space is over 10 GB.)

I'll try one last thing. I'll see if the SD volume needs to be repaired etc. and then try the installation again.

Last edited by Schmitti; 03-14-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #1332
Schmitti
Enthusiast

Now, this is weird. My utility apps tell me that the volume on the SD card is "read-only". What the hell? I copied the firmware update zip-archive on it just yesterday, and everything was fine. Maybe it's a hardware failure? The SD card has a little switch on the side (lock/unlock), and maybe it's kaputt. (But I have never had it in the "lock" position.)
Old 03-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #1333
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It has happened to me, that the switch locked while card was inserted. This is even more true for SD card adapters for uSD card. The switches on my adapters are very easy to move. If I insert the card a bit unevenly, it locks the card 1 in 4 cases, or so...

If the switch is not in locked possition and card seems to be locked, then there might be a problem with the card. Try another one or reformat this one.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #1334
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Onyx M92, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
On polish page there is a new firmware.

http://onyx-ereader.pl/pl/fw-boox-m92
konrad white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #1335
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by konrad white View Post
On polish page there is a new firmware.

http://onyx-ereader.pl/pl/fw-boox-m92
It says: Please download the file update-20120322.zip

2012-03-22 is not new at all
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote