Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
This is handy when running inside the framework, but I need a native mode VNC server to work with my native mode apps. If somebody feels like porting one, it will make me happy.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
You mean port hawhills job? hmm.. *thinks out loud* that's for a 3. using qt? I think.

interesting idea. Hmm, yeah... interesting.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
You mean port hawhills job? hmm.. *thinks out loud* that's for a 3. using qt? I think.

interesting idea. Hmm, yeah... interesting.
Hawhill's is a VNC client. It displays the host PC screen on the kindle.

I want to display the kindle screen on the host PC, and send keyboard and touchscreen events to the kindle, just like the VNC server version in this thread, but which will also work outside the framework (like in diags, for example)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-03-2012 at 11:21 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
altho.... please feel free to port hawhill's vnc client to 8bpp for k4/k5
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
It's on my list - I should be long done now, but there was this sudden urge to go on a holiday trip for my last days off work. I'll get back to this job, too, that's for sure. And by the way: The VNC library I used for the viewer also comes with an API for writing a server. It's not too hard to create a framebuffer-exporting VNC server this way.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I want to display the kindle screen on the host PC, and send keyboard and touchscreen events to the kindle, just like the VNC server version in this thread, but which will also work outside the framework (like in diags, for example)...
Did you try x11vnc -rawfb map:/dev/fb0@600x800x8-608 ?
Gives nice colors to KT

And maybe -pipeinput option could be used to get touchscreen events.

More about it in x11vnc FAQ.

Edit: Nice monochromatic output: x11vnc -rawfb map:/dev/fb0@600x800x8-608:ff/0/0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	x11vnc-fb.png
Views:	489
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	93329   Click image for larger version

Name:	x11vnc-fb2.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	93331  

Last edited by baf; 10-03-2012 at 02:53 PM.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

tee hee hee no.

but I did notice the -owncmap option in xtightvncviewer which might prove useful in getting real e-ink shots with low effort for noobs.

with a guide obviously
Old 10-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Edit: Nice monochromatic output: x11vnc -rawfb map:/dev/fb0@600x800x8-608:ff/0/0
hmm this looks useful,(and pretty in red )
will have a look at refactoring the greyscale then. see about getting a better looking gamma

not sure an rgb filter will cut it OOTB but thanks for the tip!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #24
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
not sure an rgb filter will cut it OOTB but thanks for the tip!
x11vnc -rawfb map:/dev/fb0@600x800x8-608:255/255/255 seems to work. However I got different results depending on different vnc clients.

The most important thing is that is reads raw buffer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	x11vnc-fb3.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	93357  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #25
twobob

hmm. sadly I just get a completely black output with those settings. on all my viewers.

Lovely shot though, definately have to get this working in the medium term.

what viewer you using if you don't mind me asking. ta.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
what viewer you using if you don't mind me asking. ta.
The screenshots are from "Chicken of the VNC". I am on OS X.

On TightVNC with same settings I get grey background.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	x11vnc-fb4.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	93399  
Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #27
twobob

ah okay thanks. I'll have to have a look around then
Old 01-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
hmm let me test that.

EDIT: mousewheel works on gvncviewer FWIW.
Quote:
Attached Files
x11vnc.tar.gz (1.83 MB, 8 views)
@twobob, what is the x11vnc that you attached in #15? I mean how does it differ from the vnc server in #1?
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #29
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
@twobob, what is the x11vnc that you attached in #15? I mean how does it differ from the vnc server in #1?
Very little I'd imagine. IIRC it was a failsafe made out of buildroot.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #30
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Has anybody got this VNC Server working on a Kindle Paperwhite?
I tried.. but the install file (.bin) mysteriously disappears from the root folder before i can install it.. I have backdoorlock hack installed.. so tried unlocking/locking.. still doesn't work.. Other install files remain and are recognised for update..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher, launcher add-ons