Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #31
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWeed View Post
Well, in that case, in near future I will get a PE as well to my existing EE, PB Pro603 and PB IQ 701. This really should be enough then.

But... with the EE I have some problems perhaps since I'd updated the FW. ut nor sure, cause before not tested.
I am not able to order something in the android market. Neither payable Apps nor freeware.
First time it told, I have no account. So I build one at google.
Then it told, the payment method isn't correct. So I deposited my creditcard instead of the bank-account number.
At last the market says it's prohibited to sell into my country.
What do I wrong?

Is here somewhere a manual availiable, how to use the market?
I am really overburdened with - no idea what I could do for getting access to the marked.

Nearly same problems I have in every Android places. Nowhere I am able to download some stuff.

Dear wishes

Vero
I think the reason young men like large black cars has a lot to do with a macho image - in my youth I was interested in cars in British Racing Green. Now my 22 year old 4x4 is just a means to get me and my Newfoundland dog from place to place.

Now down to serious matters.

Unfortunately, those of us with the full size edge don't have access to the anderoid market - a limitation originally set up by Google because tablets weren't phones.

The PE is able to connect to the market because of the work of pablob and his rc3 update. When you get your PE you will have access to the market via that. Not being able to access the market I'm not sure if there are still country limitations in force - I know there are with the Amazon market.

All is not lost however, there are other sites that don't need market access to obtain apps and other content. In fact I consider this an advantage because it means that I download apps and content to my PC where they are checked for virus etc., it also means that I have a local backup of apps that work.

Have a look at the 'New SlideMe App' thread and Obsessed2's sticky at the top of threads list.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:36 AM   #32
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
So glad your sister likes her new PE!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #33
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen
VWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx I86 HDML Plus, PB626_2, Entourage Pocket Edge, LGGPad, LGG2
Hello Ivanjt,

best thanks for your advice with the slideme-app. Until I thought, the slideme-app is a widget like the recent-books-display or some like this.
As soon as my PE has arrived, I will try this slideme-apps to downloading some stuff.
I am searching a pretty rss+atom-reader, a better file manager and some nice games.

Just gravediggers drive black cars
I am so glad, that I have a car in a wonderful red color for myself, so I mustn't drive ever with this depressing colored car.

But... Juergen digs himself a hole with buying this car. Just two seats and a very tiny trunk. As long as he drive this car, no crying something what he wish so much has space in this car.
Therfore I even accept this car - cause some wishes aren't shared between us.

best wishes

Vero
VWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #34
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Vero,

The slideme app will work on your EE. All it does is connect to the slideme site and assist in looking for and downloading - and paying for if necessary - apps.

I have found ES File Explorer to be the best file manager. It allows you to see local files as well as files on your network and, if you have an FTP server setup, files on there as well. This latter option is the one I use the most as it allows me to connect to our server no matter where I am.

Another place you could look for apps is http://www.freewarelovers.com/android where you might find a rss feed reader.

ivan
Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #35
Tininha
Enthusiast
Tininha began at the beginning.

Device: 2 Entourage Pocket Edge + Entourage Edge
Where did you find an EE?

hello

I was passing by and saw this conversation.
Where did you find an EE? I want one too...

I have 2 PE's, but I would really like an EE.
Can you help me?

Thanks.
By the way, I'm in Brasil.
Tininha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #36
rixeta
Enthusiast
rixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheese

Device: Edge Entourage
Who said the android market is not working on the EE?? i have it on my EE, and even with the paid apps showing..
rixeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #37
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixeta View Post
Who said the android market is not working on the EE?? i have it on my EE, and even with the paid apps showing..
so how did you do it ? the instructions I followed (from emusan I think, using Titanium backup) did not work all the way ...

Last edited by fekhner; 02-14-2012 at 05:52 PM.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #38
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen
VWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheese

Hello Tininha,

what a wonderful avatar you own!
My Entourage Edge I bought from the Netherlands, cause in my country no of them was availiable.
The shop where I bought it is Baxshop.nl:
http://www.bax-shop.nl/bekijk-alle-p...n-de-shop.html
Just write "entourage" into the textfield behind "Snel zoeken", what means "Quick search" and press the little arrow in the right of this field.
Baxshop still has entourage edge with 10" available, but I don't know, if they will sell to Brasil. But I assume, that won't be a problem for them.
Payable with PayPal and/or creditcard.
If you have problems with the usage of this shop, I can help, if you want. I don't speak netherlands also, but I got it to order my EE without problems

@all
Unfortunatly I hadn't time to test, if the shop works at my EE. Cause there is a lot of work for me - learning for my diplome. In march I have my examination.
And I am full of fear. Every time I get examines, my head seems to be empty and cleared however I'd learned before. And I just get one chance to stand this test unfortunately.

But.... today I got my PE from the customs. This time, they confiscated the power supply and didn't release this. Then I took a knife and cutted the line with the plug for the PE and taken just this with me. So I have a cable with matching plug and Juergen can build me a new charger.
And the customs cant use my payed chargerr for themself.
Because the power supply from my EE matches, it isn't really urgent.
In moment the little black PE is loading the first time.

When it is finished and the PE is full loaded, I just may reading with it. No experiences, no playing for hours with it, as Juergen told. He will making sure I learn enough to get my diplome.
But this is OK, I loose really much of time with playing on the readers and computers instead to learn until my head becomes smokyness.
As soon I get the examination finished, I can observe the functions of the PE in finite.

Unfortunately the next four weeks I have to scarce myself a little from the web and this forum. But If I can spend a little time (and Juergen isnt't at home ), I will drop a eye into this forum.
From April, I get more time again to visit here.

So, dear greatings to all my helpers.

yours

Vero
Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #39
Tininha
Enthusiast
Tininha began at the beginning.

Device: 2 Entourage Pocket Edge + Entourage Edge
Quote:
Hello Tininha,

what a wonderful avatar you own!
My Entourage Edge I bought from the Netherlands...
Thank you... it's the photo of my Brinquita. She's an old lady, now, almost 14 years as my companion...

Many thanks for the info...
I'll try to see if I can bought one for me. And If I need, I'll ask for your help.
Hope they send it here...

Tininha
Tininha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #40
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
@all
Unfortunatly I hadn't time to test, if the shop works at my EE. Cause there is a lot of work for me - learning for my diplome. In march I have my examination.
And I am full of fear. Every time I get examines, my head seems to be empty and cleared however I'd learned before. And I just get one chance to stand this test unfortunately.
Now you must resist the temptation to play with your new computers unlessthere is a way they can help you concentrate on your work for your diplome.

Quote:
But.... today I got my PE from the customs. This time, they confiscated the power supply and didn't release this. Then I took a knife and cutted the line with the plug for the PE and taken just this with me. So I have a cable with matching plug and Juergen can build me a new charger.
And the customs cant use my payed chargerr for themself.
Because the power supply from my EE matches, it isn't really urgent.
In moment the little black PE is loading the first time.
There are a couple of threads here about using alternative chargers with the EE and PE. Tomorrow I will get my parts guy to look up what is available over here in Europe to replace the charger as a unit.

Quote:
When it is finished and the PE is full loaded, I just may reading with it. No experiences, no playing for hours with it, as Juergen told. He will making sure I learn enough to get my diplome.
But this is OK, I loose really much of time with playing on the readers and computers instead to learn until my head becomes smokyness.
As soon I get the examination finished, I can observe the functions of the PE in finite.

Unfortunately the next four weeks I have to scarce myself a little from the web and this forum. But If I can spend a little time (and Juergen isnt't at home ), I will drop a eye into this forum.
From April, I get more time again to visit here.

So, dear greatings to all my helpers.

yours

Vero
There is one way you could use the EE at least to help with learning. Assuming you have the texts you need to learn in e-book form, just load them on the EE and use that in place of textbooks.

Just keep a lookout as I will post the information about a replacement charger in the next couple of days.

I think all of us here wish you good luck with your studies.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #41
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

Hello Ivanjt,

best thanks for your wishes.
The weight of my learnstuff is more than 10kg what means 22lb. All in real paper-books.
It isn't to hard to learn that all to me, but if I am standing in front of the examiner, it seems, all knowledge in my head was sucked out with a hoover. Before and after the tests I know everything. It is everytime, if I have a examination. As more important this is, as more problems I get with it.
And this examination is the most important of my life. Going to drink a bottle of Baldrian before, perhaps.

The problem with the power-supply isn't really a problem. The charger from the EE matches to the PE, so I may load both with this one charger.
And if Juergen get a adaptable power-supply, he may connect the cable, I cutted at the customs together with the new charger and everything went fine.
You should have see the faces from the officers there, as I cutted the cable from the charger.
He wont believe his eyes. But I told him, it may be forbidden to take the charger with me, but no one may prohibit me to take just the cable with me.
Just in Bavaria the costoms are so ... specialy. In all other federal states of Germany the customs are normal and not as strict as here.

Well, time to go sleep now. Juergen visits me every minute to get a look, what I am writing here. So I can't concentrate...
Will be back tomorrow - when he's at work

best wishes

Vero
Old 02-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #42
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'll second Ivan's good wishes for your exams, Vero!

I can just imagine the scene at Customs!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote