Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Sanddancer
Sanddancer began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Last character in Nook library garbled

Hi,

I've just installed Calibre for the first time and spent ages getting everything labeled and tagged and have transfered all my books to my Nook (Caliber 0.7.4 and Nook software 1.3.0). They copied across okay, but in the list of books under My Documents, the last letter of the title and author appears messed up. It's not 100% of the books, but most of them. I've tried searching, but can't find an answer to what's happening. Everything looks fine in Calibre itself and I've never had this problem before using Calibre.

Here's a picture of the problem: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=64l4c5&s=6

Hope someone can help.
Sanddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What format are the books in? THis is a known issue with PDF files.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Sanddancer
Sanddancer began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Ah. That'd be the problem, then, sorry.

Any word on a fix?
Sanddancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
No idea. I think the issue is in a support library that is used by Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote