Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Free Books for the nook

A lot of these are the same books that are available for free for the Kindle. There are also some public domain books. These are in eReader format, so they can also be read on iPhones, laptops, netbooks, etc.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free...linkid=1517657
Old 12-09-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
you guys certainly need to get some stickies going. this would be a good one to start with!
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you guys certainly need to get some stickies going. this would be a good one to start with!
Good idea. I guess a moderator has to do that? I'll find someone to beg nicely to.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
Sticky an operations research thread... (Hacks for the OS)
Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
ow88
ow88 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Perhaps I should contribute to this thread. Credits goes to a yahoo user.

manybooks.net
gutenberg.org
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Thank you! I just downloaded several books on my jetBook-Lite.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
robslp
Enthusiast
robslp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 & 3, Nook, Android Razr, Fire, Transformer Prime.
Another Free Ebook for the Nook: Wounded Healer
http://productsearch.barnesandnoble....wounded+healer
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Though I don't see them in this list, you can find my free books: His Robot Girlfriend, Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess, and Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Sorceress if you type them in at B&N.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
Though I don't see them in this list, you can find my free books: His Robot Girlfriend, Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess, and Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Sorceress if you type them in at B&N.
Can you link these? I'm unable to find them via the Barnes & Noble Search

Thanks,
Richard
Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
So I was caught up in a good thread on the nook boards on bn.com about free books, and low and behold, they're not as easy/intuitive to find as one would think. (I mean, really, b&n - why is that I can click on the 'Free eBooks' link on your page, and only pull up about 1/3 of what's actually free and available on the site?!?! sigh.)

I digress.

Here's a really good author available for free now if you like thrillers:

Rage of Thrillers
by Sidney Sheldon

From the Publisher:
"A memorable, mesmerizing heroine

Jennifer — brilliant, beautiful, an attorney on the way up until the Mafia's schemes win her the hatred of an implacable enemy — and a love more destructive than hate.

A dangerous, dramatic world

The Dark Arena of organized crime and flashbulb lit courtrooms where ambitious prosecutors begin their climb to political power. "

Not much to go on, I know, but I've been reading Sidney Sheldon for over 10 years, and he always delivers and pleases. I'm so excited to read this one.

Separately, if you ever want to find all the free ebooks available at bn.com, try entering the search term '0.00' and select 'ebooks'. Then, after the search results come up, sort by release date to see the most recent free book arrivals. (This, or searching 'Rage of Angels Sidney Sheldon' are pretty much the only 2 ways to find the book above. sigh.)

Someone also on the bn.com boards pointed out that at inkmesh.com there is a link to pull up all of the free ebooks available on bn.com (or any other ebook retailer site). The nice part about inkmesh too is that you can filter those search results by ratings (i.e., only see books with 3 or more stars, 4 or more stars, etc.).

Happy reading!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Can you link these? I'm unable to find them via the Barnes & Noble Search

Thanks,
Richard
Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess

Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Sorceress

I don't think the 3rd book is available anymore, but if you search by the author, there are 2 more free titles.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #12
cogcafe
cogcafe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
This may be common knowledge but if you search and include 0.00 (zeros) you will pull up the books that are priced free.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: Win 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwerm View Post
I don't think the 3rd book is available anymore, but if you search by the author, there are 2 more free titles.
Thanks! I guess there was a disturbance in the B&N force when I was looking because I swear the search link I posted then (which IS by author name) did NOT return his free books but now does. That or I'm completely crazy....which isn't THAT far-fetched either

Richard
Old 05-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free today from Kensington Publications:

Home To Italy, by Peter Pezzelli

Book Description
In this delightful, moving debut novel, Peter Pezzelli brings to life the earthy sensuality of Tuscany—the smell of just-baked bread wafting through the village piazza; the shopkeepers sweeping the sidewalks under the warm, early morning sun; groups of cyclists dotting the mountain roads—and spins a story of May-December romance as sharp and delicious as the olives of Villa San Giuseppe...

After the death of his beloved wife, Anna, Peppi's family and friends expect him to bury his grief by tending to his gardens and taking long rides on his bike. Instead, Peppi shocks them all with his decision to return to Villa San Giuseppe, the small Italian village where he spent his childhood, and to il mulino, his family's old mill. But once he's back, he temporarily moves into an apartment over the candy factory run by his childhood best friend, Luca. It is modest, but livable, with a lovely view of Luca's neglected gardens and his equally neglected daughter, the fiery Lucrezia.

More a force of nature than a woman, Lucrezia's legendary temper and workaholic schedule hide the very real pain she feels over her husband's death years before. At first, she tolerates Peppi as an eccentric annoyance—her father's strange but handsome American friend who fixes things around the factory and is bringing the gardens back to life. But soon, Lucrezia's interest in Peppi deepens. Like a high wind, the gossip is flying through Villa San Giuseppe—Lucrezia's making it to dinner on time. She's eating olives from a man's hand. She's wearing heels. Now, under the warm Tuscan sun, a tentative romance begins to bloom between the grieving pair, yielding to a surprisingly strong passion with the power to heal life's wounds and promise second chances...

God Don't Like Ugly, by Mary Monroe, is free in the Barnes & Noble store.

Book Description
In this richly drawn novel set on the streets, porches and in the parlors of 1960s Ohio, Mary Monroe brings to life the bond between two girls from opposite sides of the tracks--and the shattering event that changes their lives forever.

At the heart of the story is Annette Goode, a shy, awkward girl who keeps a terrible secret. Mr. Boatwright, the boarder her hardworking mother has taken in, abuses her daily. Frightened and ashamed, Annette withdraws into a world of books and food.

But the summer Annette turns thirteen, something incredible happens: Rhoda Nelson chooses her as a friend. Rhoda, who is everything Annette is not--gorgeous, slim, and worldly--welcomes Annette into the heart of her eccentric family, which includes her handsome and dignified father; her lovely, fragile, "Muh'Dear;" her brooding, dangerous brother Jock; and her colorful white relatives--half-crazy Uncle Johnny; sultry Aunt Lola; and scary, surly Granny Goose.

With Rhoda's help, Annette survives adolescence and blossoms into a woman. But after her beautiful best friend makes a stunning confession about a horrific childhood crime, Annette's world will never be the same.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #15
bookwerm
Zealot

B&N has been offering a free eBook each week in-store. To get the book, you need to visit a B&N store and show the clerk that you're using a nook device or B&N reader app (iPhone, computer, Blackberry, etc.). They'll give you a coupon code to then go and redeem online for the free book. You can get the coupon code Monday - Sunday; a new book/code will be available Monday 6/7.

This week's free eBook is from the mystery/thriller genre:

One Shot by Lee Child (Jack Reacher Series #9)

Synopsis

Six shots. Five dead. One heartland city thrown into a state of terror. But within hours the cops have it solved: a slam-dunk case. Except for one thing. The accused man says: You got the wrong guy. Then he says: Get Reacher for me. And sure enough, from the world he lives in - no phone, no address, no commitments - ex–military investigator Jack Reacher is coming. In Lee Child’s astonishing new thriller, Reacher’s arrival will change everything - about a case that isn’t what it seems, about lives tangled in baffling ways, about a killer who missed one shot - and by doing so gives Jack Reacher one shot at the truth....
Closed Thread