Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Book Worm
Enthusiast
Book Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litter

Device: Sony e Reader 505 *BLUE*
Sony "Free" e Book Downloads

So last night I down loaded the Sony library program and set it up so I could by books and have the money taken out of my checking account.

I down loaded a bunch of the free books last night just to make sure I had them before the offer expired.

Well… come to find out last night, my account was charged for $1.00. I know its only a dollar but I was perplexed as to where this free came from. Did I miss some sigh up hidden fee? Or are some of these free books not really free?

Every time I would “check out” the amount shown was $0.00.

Im not going to call and whine to Sony about the $1.00 free because I feel the 20-30 min it would take to correct this is not worth it.

Has anyone else had this issue or know what the fee was for?
Book Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
A lot of times companies will do this just to make sure that your checking account is valid. Check back in a few days and perhaps the fee will be refunded.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Book Worm
Enthusiast
Book Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litter

Device: Sony e Reader 505 *BLUE*
Thanks!! I was just thinking about that a few moments ago. Because Im sure they would get ripped off all the time by people putting in a fake card number then downloading a bunch of books.

Also, thanks for the quick responce.
Book Worm is offline   Reply With Quote