Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
From Calibre to Megareader

I just purchased Megareader for my iPad 2. I have been using Stanza but unfortunately it tends to crash more frequently as Apple's IOs gets updated. I would like to import my Calibre library of books into Megareader. I run the Calibre content server and can see all my books in Megareader. Saying that, I have more than 3000 ebooks in Calibre. I see how I can download individual books into Megareader but I do not want to do that 3000+ times. Is there a way to download multiple books at a time?
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Does it not have the file sharing enabled in iTunes? You could hook it up to your computer, click the app, and then drag them all into the list.

If you go to your iPad's Summary page, there'll be a menu - Info, Apps, Tones, Music, etc... Click Apps, and scroll down.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
No, its one at a time, and I think theres a limit on how many books you can have before the app starts to slow down. Perhaps Patrick might drop in and comment.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
Jessica,

Thanks for the response. I know I can use that approach. However, when I have tried that in the past with Stanza, itunes gives me a "can't save itunes" error which I am betting is an "out of memory" issue.

I was running itunes 10.7 on Windows 7 (64 bit) 12 gigs of RAM. I could copy maybe 50 ebooks at a time into Megareader before I got an error from itunes and had to close itunes and re-open it and try copying some more ebooks.

After going through this evolution about 5 times this morning, I decided to install itunes 11 even with all the negative comments I have seen. With itunes 11, I have been able to copy 500 ebooks at a time without any errors. I am limiting myself to 500 at a time simply to let Megareader add the books to the library and not choke (in case it might).

For all its faults, iTunes 11 seemed to have solved this issue.
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Oh yeah, iTunes 10.7/8 have been a huge mess in general. I run it for a little bit, then all of the sudden it's eating 1GB+ of RAM on my MacBook Pro. iTunes 11 seems to have fixed a lot of those weird issues thankfully.

Glad it's working better for you now too.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert