Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
lizj
lizj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem transferring to computer

I have a new kindle and so far have purchased 4 books! 3 of the 4 I have very easily transferred to my computer and then to my kindle. When purchasing (all from Amazon US) I have selected the option to tsf to computer and then taken the same option on the manage your kindle page. I did exactly the same for book 4 but on the manage your kindle page it is only showing 2 options - namely send wirelessly or delete. Wirelessly is not an option for me.

The only difference I can see is that book 4 has next to the name of it - kindle edition with audio/video.

Can anyone help? I want to buy more books but am worried about facing the same problem.
lizj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
video? It sounds like a book that is only going to play on something like an iPAD or your computer etc. I'd heard that Amazon was playing around with Optimized eBooks but I didn't know they'd started releasing them.

Would you mind sharing the book title so we can look at it and see what is going on?

If i won't play on your Kindle btw, you can call Amazon and return it.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
lizj

thank you so much for your response - the book is The Other Family, by Joanna Trollope. The other 3 books in the list simply appear as their titles - whereas this has the title followed by, in brackets, Kindle Edition with Audio/Video.

It is not a serious problem - as it is only one book but I would love to know what to look out for in order not to repeat the problem.

thanks again
Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
ah, you appear to have bought ASIN: B00351YF3Y Which is a Audio/Video enhanced book. If you look on the left of the screen it says:

Quote:
Kindle Edition with Audio/Video
Audio/Video content only available for iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices.
If you want to put it on your Kindle you need to buy: ASIN: B003E8P9FG

http://www.amazon.com/Other-Family-T...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

which is the regular Kindle book. Kindles don't play video so you won't be able to put the other book on there.

If you contact Customer Service I'm sure they'll refund the Audio/Video book for you and then you can buy the right one.

I really don't think Amazon is selling many of these books so I wouldn't worry about it too much. You just had the bad luck to wander into one of the few I think.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
lizj

thank you so much - I would never have worked that out without your help!
Advert