Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
fettpett
Enthusiast
fettpett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Broke my kindle

Well last night I was getting into bed and kneeled on my knidle breaking it. I plan on taking it back to best buy and getting it exchanged. the screen no longer works

My question is, I jailbroke my kindle and put my own screensavers up, which was on when i kneeled on it. is this going to be a problem when taking it in? It's only a couple weeks old.
fettpett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Why would Best Buy let you exchange it when you broke it? It wasn't defective. Amazon might, since they are usually generous.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
fettpett
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Why would Best Buy let you exchange it when you broke it? It wasn't defective. Amazon might, since they are usually generous.
well I got the extended protection warranty on it. If they dont then I was going to contact Amazon about it.

That really wasn't my question though.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
fettpett
Enthusiast

well Called Amazon and they are sending me a new one, should be here tomorrow
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Too bad about the accident with your Kindle. Good to hear you were able to get it replaced though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
fettpett
Enthusiast

yeah, was pissed at myself as i was all ready to relax and read for a while before going to sleep. I'll just be a lot more careful with this one
Old 03-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
plaidcat
plaidcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Mine crapped out the other day through no obvious trauma of my doing... keep it in my backpack, ensconced in its otterbox case. New one should get here tomorrow, thanks Amazon!
plaidcat is offline   Reply With Quote