Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #46
Honf
Enthusiast
Honf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
1) I guess I could add archive support via Winrar. But yea, for now there is no archive support
2) Noted
3) nah, doable, just felt like png output would be sufficient for now

Been a little busy lately, will add these things in a week or two (sooner if I find the time)
Honf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #47
bearmann
bearmann has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bearmann has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bearmann has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
sounds great!

Just as a hint, but you've probably already read about it: 7zip via command line
Would be an open source alternative for archive support.

regards and thanks again!
bearmann
bearmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #48
Honf
Enthusiast

Ah, total forgot about 7zip. I'll use that and bundle it in the archive
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #49
bearmann
bearmann has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bearmann has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bearmann has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

It's me again...

I stumbled upon another thing. Currently the converted pictures are just numbered. Is there a way to keep the original filenames?

Thanks and regards!
bearmann
Old 04-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #50
Honf
Enthusiast

Easily done and noted. Wont test how the kindle perceives file order though
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #51
bearmann

Nice. Thanks a bunch!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #52
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
Hi.

I've come across a bug:

Somehow, the program can't process this one image: http://www.mediafire.com/?6lkon7iws6yw611

Also, I have a suggestion, if I may.
Although removing the white space is useful, I'd like to be able to keep the canvas at the same dimensions (in my case 824x1200). The reason is that when refreshing the screen (when changing pages) the Kindle will only refresh the space that the new image occupies. For instance if the current image is 824x1200 and the next one is 800x1200, there will be 12 pixels on the left and the right that will not refresh. Thus displaying a messed up page.
I'm guessing the easiest would be to change the canvas size after the cropping.
No big deal though, since I can batch-resize the canvas in paint shop pro afterwards.

Thanks for your work.
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #53
little520
little520 began at the beginning.

I made an account to say that this is awesome, kthx
little520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:23 AM   #54
stevenv409
stevenv409 began at the beginning.

Not sure if Honf is still keeping up the project but I want to say thanks so much! I use this everyday and would love to have rar support(I tend to download my manga in rar). It's not a big deal but would be so much appreciated
stevenv409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #55
Honf
Enthusiast

I'm swamped with work and university assignments.

Have a one week break coming up and I'll have time to update it Sorry for appearing to be dead, just didn't have any extra time on my hands.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #56
kingerg
kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.kingerg is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Sony prs-700, Kindle DX Graphite, Kindle Touch 3G
More input and output formats?

Awsome Job!

Since we're talking about Mangas/comics and most of the scanlations available are compressed, it would be great to have cbz/cbr/zip/rar input compatibility
As for output the perfect solution (and compatibility) for every device out there would be the omnipresent PDF format, that way every dedicated e-reader (or even tablets) could take advantage of your application. That would be fabulous

Thanks and keep up the good job.

PS: I wish it worked like PdfLrf 0.99 for Sony reader. Because is extremely fast and supports cbz/cbr/zip/rar/ps/djv/djvu/pdf and has always done a great job formatting files for my prs-700. To me, even though is an old program is the best and the fastest to convert files to LRF. I don't mean to criticize your work, just to give you an example

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13135
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5dS8z8GhX8
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=517WOIU0
kingerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #57
mobad
Enthusiast
mobad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingerg View Post
Awsome Job!

Since we're talking about Mangas/comics and most of the scanlations available are compressed, it would be great to have cbz/cbr/zip/rar input compatibility
As for output the perfect solution (and compatibility) for every device out there would be the omnipresent PDF format, that way every dedicated e-reader (or even tablets) could take advantage of your application. That would be fabulous

Thanks and keep up the good job.

PS: I wish it worked like PdfLrf 0.99 for Sony reader. Because is extremely fast and supports cbz/cbr/zip/rar/ps/djv/djvu/pdf and has always done a great job formatting files for my prs-700. To me, even though is an old program is the best and the fastest to convert files to LRF. I don't mean to criticize your work, just to give you an example

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13135
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5dS8z8GhX8
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=517WOIU0
Canti has pdf support http://www.bitcake.com/?page=project_canti

You can just give it an entire series and it will automatically extract and organize it into a Title_v##_c### format then convert into pdf/cbz/rar/folder/etc... It's pretty amazing...

It has the column and row chopping that Mangize has, and it's now multi-threaded so it should be pretty fast.

It also supports a variety of devices.

I would wait a couple of days as it seems like the next version to be released will have dithering (Floyd Steinberg) and it will use a better resize algorithm (Lanczos).

What dither/resizing algorithm does Mangize use?
When comparing Canti and Mangize the dithering algorithm looks the same but when resizing Mangize seems slightly sharper (not really sure which one looks better though)
mobad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #58
yijiao
yijiao began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kobo 1st gen
thanks, canti didn't work for me

really surprised how fast it worked

now, since the texts are still unreadable in most comics, i dare you to code in the function to split a page of comic into 2 pieces of landscape images. I DARE YOU.
yijiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #59
huyster1
huyster1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Wow. Just got my Kindle and notice this thread. I'll be Jailbreaking it just for this. I see that it supports png which is the format for much of my maga. Thanks.
huyster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:40 AM   #60
mobad
Enthusiast
mobad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
There is no need to jailbreak, this is just a converter program you run on your manga on your computer to convert it for the Kindle.
Then you just copy the folder on to the Kindle documents folder and it'll pop up.
mobad is offline   Reply With Quote