Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #181
TeKef
TeKef began at the beginning.

Device: Craig 7" Touch Screen Tabket CMP738a
My Craig is stuck!! I get the following error message "SORRY! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". When I press on "Force Close" it just pops right back up. It's a viciuos loop. Please help.
TeKef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #182
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKef View Post
My Craig is stuck!! I get the following error message "SORRY! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". When I press on "Force Close" it just pops right back up. It's a viciuos loop. Please help.
Have you tried flipping the power switch off and booting again? If worse comes to worse, you could always reflash it with the firmware. That will bring it back to life. When did you start experiencing the problem?
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #183
TeKef

Yes, I've rebooted a few times and still the problem. The error message pops right back up. This started yesterday after loading some of the software I was following directions on from here. The z4Root and the Better Terminal Pro
How do I reflash it to bring it back to life - right now it's just dead.

you could always reflash it with the firmware. That will bring it back to life. When did you start experiencing the problem?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #184
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, I've rebooted a few times and still the problem. The error message pops right back up. This started yesterday after loading some of the software I was following directions on from here. The z4Root and the Better Terminal Pro
How do I reflash it to bring it back to life - right now it's just dead.
Your first step is to download the RKUtils software. Then, using RKAndroiBatchUpgrade.exe from the RKAndroidBathUpgrade directory, point it to the upgrade.img file that you can get from this file. (You need to uncompress it before you put it on your Craig, obviously.) Once RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe runs, it should flash your Craig tablet. Then you should be good to go.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #185
jbaumgartner
jbaumgartner began at the beginning.

Device: CVS Android Tablet
I noticed that on Craig's web site that there are the makers of the folowing android tablets. Does anyone know where their other models can be purchased?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIRELESS 10 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP745
WIRELESS 10 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP744
WIRELESS 8 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP743
WIRELESS 8 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP742
WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP741
EBOOK WITH 7 inch COLOR DISPLAY - CMP739
WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP738B CVS
EPAD WITH 7 inch COLOR TOUCH DISPLAY - CMP738

Last edited by jbaumgartner; 03-27-2011 at 09:08 PM.
jbaumgartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #186
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumgartner View Post
I noticed that on Craig's web site that there are the makers of the folowing android tablets. Does anyone know where their other models can be purchased?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIRELESS 10 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP745
WIRELESS 10 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP744
WIRELESS 8 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP743
WIRELESS 8 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP742
WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR CAPACITANCE TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP741
EBOOK WITH 7 inch COLOR DISPLAY - CMP739
WIRELESS 7 inch COLOR TOUCH SCREEN TABLET - CMP738B CVS
EPAD WITH 7 inch COLOR TOUCH DISPLAY - CMP738
I have no idea. AFAIK, those are new additions to the site. I'm not sure if we'll be seeing those in CVS or not.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #187
TeKef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Your first step is to download the RKUtils software. Then, using RKAndroiBatchUpgrade.exe from the RKAndroidBathUpgrade directory, point it to the upgrade.img file that you can get from this file. (You need to uncompress it before you put it on your Craig, obviously.) Once RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe runs, it should flash your Craig tablet. Then you should be good to go.
Do I download these to my PC first?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #188
Hardryve
Android Enthusiast
Hardryve began at the beginning.

Device: Craig CMP738a Shads 4.2 ECLAIR Rom
Quote:
Do I download these to my PC first?
Yes.Download those to your desktop or somewhere you will remember.
Hardryve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #189
TeKef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Sure. It's not too tough at this point.

1) Download the custom ROM here. I'd stay away from the alpha ROM. It works, but getting it on your device takes a few extra steps. The ROM you probably want is this one.

2) Uncompress the file and rename it update.img

3) Go into Settings -> USB Mode. Make sure Host Mode is unchecked.

4) At that point, your computer should recognize it as a drive.

5) Copy that file to the root directory of the device.

6) Unplug the device from the USB cable. At this point, it should start the update process.

7) Once it's done and rebooted, go into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

8) Press Menu > Filter > All

9) Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market

10) Reboot Device

At that point, you should have a working tablet running Android 2.1, with access to the Android Market.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I just purchased a second Craig. I downloaded the Rom above but can't uncompress the file. Any help to uncompress it?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #190
TeKef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardryve View Post
Yes.Download those to your desktop or somewhere you will remember.
I downloaded the files and cannot unzip them. How do unzip them. I tried winzip and get told it can open files with iso?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #191
timzhangar13
timzhangar13 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig android 7inch
This is a 7z file. You will have to search for 7z decompression software and you will find some free versions out there. Then use that to unzip the file. Rename it to update.img after you unzip it.
timzhangar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #192
timzhangar13
timzhangar13 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig android 7inch
Quote:
I downloaded the files and cannot unzip them. How do unzip them. I tried winzip and get told it can open files with iso?
Dont give up. I struggled at first but kept asking questions and everyone will help you through it.(I think bhartman36 is bcoming an expert; thxs to his help) I tried to save the original with not a lot of luck. Finally I just flashed mine with ver 4.3 just like bhartman36 said to do with RKAndroiBatchUpgrade.exe and it was success.
timzhangar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #193
emt
Nameless Being

Most Current Model??

Is there any way to know if the model in the store is Android 2.2 or 2.1 - any markings or a new box or whatever?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #194
TeKef

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzhangar13 View Post
This is a 7z file. You will have to search for 7z decompression software and you will find some free versions out there. Then use that to unzip the file. Rename it to update.img after you unzip it.
I can't find a 7z decompressor. i tried Winzip - it won't ope the file, 7Zip won't open it either.

Any suggestions - help!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #195
l3east21
l3east21 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig android tablet
i recently purchased this device. it worked good at first. after trying to uninstall an app a message popped that says "Sorry! the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." there is a box under that that says force close, the only thing i can do, and when i press it the screen goes black and then the message pops up again. i have tried plugging it into my computer but it is in host mode so it does not recognize. any way you could help?
l3east21 is offline   Reply With Quote