Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Galaxy - general questions about epub format

I have two fixed format epub files, one for Apple and one for Kindle. Since I do not have a galaxy tablet I wanted to know which one of the fixed formats will the Galaxy be able to display or will it able to display ANY fixed format pubs?

??
Hit
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdit View Post
I have two fixed format epub files, one for Apple and one for Kindle. Since I do not have a galaxy tablet I wanted to know which one of the fixed formats will the Galaxy be able to display or will it able to display ANY fixed format pubs?

??
Hit
Kindle format is not epub... They use mobi or azw files. The Galaxy is able to read epubs and mobi/azw using different reading apps. Get the Kindle app for mobi/azw and Aldiko, Mantano, or cool reader (plus several others available) to read epub.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Actually, either FBReader or Cool Reader will take care of both ePub and Mobi formats; you don't need to switch apps to read one format or the other. FBReader is very easy while Cool Reader has more options.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Moon+ also does both ePub and Mobi.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Daniel Jones
Nameless Being

Agree with anemic
Moon+reader does the work for ePubs and mobi/azw format books over my android device, you do not need to switch apps for different format files.
Advert