Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
sk83
sk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Howto: Unsubscribe from Special Offers with a non-US account

I couldn't find this info on the forum, so here goes.

According to several posts, unsubscribing from Kindle Special Offers with a non-US account(mine is registered at amazon.com, but my address is in Europe) requires you to contact Amazon Customer Service.
Well, I did, and was told by several representatives that this was impossible to do for non-US accounts.

So, the trick is to temporarily make your account a US one. You'll need a US address - I used the one from my JetCarrier account.

First, add the US address to your address book. Then remove your non-US address, so that the only address listed is the US one.
Add your payment info to your new US address, and select this as the billing address.

Next, go to Manage Your Kindle, click Country Settings, and change your country to US, using your US address.

Now, under manage your devices, you should be able to unsubscribe from SO, paying the required $20.

Afterwards, just add your regular address back w/payment info, change country back to your own, and remove the US address from the address book.
sk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you so much for the info! I just wanted to do this! The problem is to get american address...

Last edited by atleon; 12-05-2012 at 11:45 AM.
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
If you need an American address just to put on your account and for no other reason, just pick a town in the US and search Real Estate listings; that should give you an existing unoccupied residential address.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
sk83
sk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
You can register for free at Jetcarrier.com. They'll give you a valid US address. I don't know if they will accept non-scandinavian addresses though, seeing as they market themselves towards the scandinavian countries.
sk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk83 View Post
I couldn't find this info on the forum, so here goes.

According to several posts, unsubscribing from Kindle Special Offers with a non-US account(mine is registered at amazon.com, but my address is in Europe) requires you to contact Amazon Customer Service.
Well, I did, and was told by several representatives that this was impossible to do for non-US accounts.

So, the trick is to temporarily make your account a US one. You'll need a US address - I used the one from my JetCarrier account.

First, add the US address to your address book. Then remove your non-US address, so that the only address listed is the US one.
Add your payment info to your new US address, and select this as the billing address.

Next, go to Manage Your Kindle, click Country Settings, and change your country to US, using your US address.

Now, under manage your devices, you should be able to unsubscribe from SO, paying the required $20.

Afterwards, just add your regular address back w/payment info, change country back to your own, and remove the US address from the address book.
Just this afternoon, I looked around Manage Your Kindle but did not find any link or place to UNsubscribe but I may have been staring right at such a link. I'm actually in the US but don't see any place to UNsubscribe. I had been informed that I had to call them.

Any more specific would be nice.

I finally found it but left the above so that my next comments make a bit more sense before I terminate Special Offers:

(and I also plan on a separate thread about Special Offers but I'll venture it here, too. So if I UNsubscribe will I really miss any SPECIAL Special Offers? That is has anyone noticed any GREAT deals or are most of them pretty mundane? I tend to currently swipe immediately past them and don't even bother looking.)

Last edited by FF2; 12-06-2012 at 01:30 AM.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:42 AM   #6
fardeenah
Connoisseur
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
i know its a very old thread but i had the same problem i told amazon and they removed it for free for me, kindle paperwhite 4
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #7
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You shouldn't have to do that. I'm in Canada, and have a US voyage with special offers, customer service was initially a little confused but US amazon will get rid of it for free since I don't live in US or have a US account.
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #8
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by challe232 View Post
You shouldn't have to do that. I'm in Canada, and have a US voyage with special offers, customer service was initially a little confused but US amazon will get rid of it for free since I don't live in US or have a US account.
Same, I bought the Voyage while in the U.S., when I was back in Canada I contacted Amazon, told them I was in Canada and couldn't use the special offers and they removed it for me for free. All I had to do was have wifi on and sync.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle tools