Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #46
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Thanks SCION. I followed your advice and did it all over again. I think I know what I did wrong--twice. This is with the assumption wiping the SD card and re-installing the autonooter wasn't all or part of the solution, which I didn't do the 2nd time.

Reset NC to factory clean version (twice). (Somehow managed to get on the N screen reboot loop again). This time when I did the nooter I realized when I got to the Gmail portion I had been typing in my Gmail info instead of just syncing per the instructions. This time I did the sync, and now it looks like the Google Books app works perfectly as does Google Maps (which force-closed once the first time I opened it) this time.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #47
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegS View Post
Thanks SCION. I followed your advice and did it all over again. I think I know what I did wrong--twice. This is with the assumption wiping the SD card and re-installing the autonooter wasn't all or part of the solution, which I didn't do the 2nd time.

Reset NC to factory clean version (twice). (Somehow managed to get on the N screen reboot loop again). This time when I did the nooter I realized when I got to the Gmail portion I had been typing in my Gmail info instead of just syncing per the instructions. This time I did the sync, and now it looks like the Google Books app works perfectly as does Google Maps (which force-closed once the first time I opened it) this time.
Great job recovering!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #48
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I noticed something different, though. With this successful (knock on wood) root I'm not getting the little notification synmbol at the bottom of the screen anymore when I install new apps. Is that normal?
Old 12-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #49
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What did the symbol look like? There are different ones depending on what you have installed for notifications.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #50
PegS
Connoisseur

It actually looked sorta like a printer with a checkmark next to it that appeared when an app was done installing from the Android Market. It sowed up on the lower left, where B&N notifications appear. I haven't manually installed anything specifically for notifications as far as I know.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #51
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I downloaded google books......... but when I try to open it I get a sync error, and then it logs off the app.......
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #52
PegS
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I downloaded google books......... but when I try to open it I get a sync error, and then it logs off the app.......
Joker, that's exactly what was happening to me. I would see it try to sync my books but that pop up kept appearing and GB was force-close. SCION said that was an indication that the root didn't take, so I unrooted and re-rooted (see my long post above) and it works fine now.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #53
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

All the other things I've downloaded seem to work fine.........
Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #54
PegS
Connoisseur

Quote:
All the other things I've downloaded seem to work fine.........
Yep, me too. The only other one that had a bit of a glitch was Google Maps. It forced closed when I first opened it, then re-opened fine. The fact that they were both Google apps was what triggered SCION's concern that something had gone wrong during my rooting process.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #55
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
It actually looked sorta like a printer with a checkmark next to it that appeared when an app was done installing from the Android Market. It sowed up on the lower left, where B&N notifications appear. I haven't manually installed anything specifically for notifications as far as I know.
OK, that's not necessarily an issue as long as the app was downloaded and installed.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #56
The Joker
Addict

I guess I should download some other google app, like map and see it that works....

Scion basically walked me thru my rooting adventure.....I did have a couple minor issues....but I thought I got thru them.....still haven't done the ADB thing on my computer yet either...

I'm not much of gamer, but Abduction and angry mice have certainly wasted alot of time.....

Quote:
Yep, me too. The only other one that had a bit of a glitch was Google Maps. It forced closed when I first opened it, then re-opened fine. The fact that they were both Google apps was what triggered SCION's concern that something had gone wrong during my rooting process.
ETA....I also seem to be having some issues with my wireless on the NC.....keeps cutting out....and I have to reboot my wireless router (although I think that might have something to do with the kids, on their Itouches, as well as their new laptops, overloading the wireless router, I'm not sure how many devices it can handle) like right now again my NC disconnected and can't seem to auto connect to the wireless, so I can't get to the market...

Last edited by The Joker; 12-27-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #57
The Joker
Addict

Ok....google maps seems to work fine.....not sure really how to use it on the NC yet, but it opens fine, found my location, and I'm able to change things.....

For google books, it still gets a pop up saying syncronization is turned off....and shuts down before I can read the whole note in the pop up
Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #58
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Ok....google maps seems to work fine.....not sure really how to use it on the NC yet, but it opens fine, found my location, and I'm able to change things.....

For google books, it still gets a pop up saying syncronization is turned off....and shuts down before I can read the whole note in the pop up
If Gmail and Market work that's a good start. We can figure out the other stuff. You didn't mention Gmail. Check that if you haven't.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #59
SCION
Séduisant

I'm not much of gamer, but Abduction and angry mice have certainly wasted alot of time.....
[/QUOTE]

angry mice
Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #60
The Joker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If Gmail and Market work that's a good start. We can figure out the other stuff. You didn't mention Gmail. Check that if you haven't.

Yeah Gmail works with no issues...ended up copying my contacts into the gmail account from my real email, so now I think I can easily update the contacts in my NC contact list......not sure at this point.....the SO has my Nook now.....and won't give it back.....she's playing games I might have created a monster....she'll likely want one of her own soon.....