Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
New Calibre Downloaded

Just downloaded the newest update for the Calibre. This is what it said when I plugged in the Sony Reader. This has never happened before. I reset it, but won't let me get past Enjoy the new revolution in reading on the welcome screen. It should have been past that after I unplugged it, but it won't do it this time.

Errno 22] Invalid argument

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 202, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\driver.py", line 197, in initialize_XML_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prs505\sony_cache.py", line 104, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:29 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpretender View Post
Just downloaded the newest update for the Calibre. This is what it said when I plugged in the Sony Reader.
What model Sony Reader did you plug in?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2014, 01:05 AM   #3
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
PRS-700. I've had a couple of PRS-700 and they've never done that before.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I have a PRS-700. What I had to do was downgrade and plug it in. There was an error on the front, but it did let me eject the reader and it did start up. The only problem is it doesn't have any collections and there were two notes that I had when I bookmarked two stories. I don't know why it's doing this. The other PRS-700's I had never had this problem.

Okay now I plugged it in again to Calibre and now it's doing the same thing. It had the USB connected thing and wouldn't show up on the Calibre toolbar. I unplugged it and it turned on again which is weird because it didn't do that before.

Last edited by lilpretender; 04-23-2014 at 05:33 PM.