Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #22636
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Do we work at the same place?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #22637
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
LOL, Prof (and WT), that sounds like just about every workplace.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #22638
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
We must be related. While everyone else in the U.S. was enjoying a Memorial Day holiday this week, I was in the dentist's office having two teeth drilled & filled.
We must!
I hope it's all better now.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to have another root canal, and if I do it will be as easy and pain free as the last one (the first two took a while to heal).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #22639
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hate job searching and I am no good at it. I am depressed right now because I just got a "sorry applicant" email from one of the few jobs I found that wouldn't necessitate a move out of state. From the email, it seems they thought me "overqualified." Well, I guess I am, educationally speaking, because it was a paraprofessional position requiring just a B.A. and I have an M.L.I.S. However, this is an institution I am fond of and I...Well, that would be a long story about my checkered career path and I won't go there. I'll try to think of the interesting possibilities I have applied for and have not, as yet, been rejected for. They may be out of state but a move might be beneficial.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #22640
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Is there a name on the email? maybe you could call that person and explain why you are willing to work there.

Job searching does suck but keep at it.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #22641
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Best of luck and strength to you, covingtoncat73. Job hunting is about the hardest job there is.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #22642
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
How are you doing covingtoncat73? I wish you the best of luck.

And now...

ARGH>>>>>>>>>>

I had finally knocked down the paper wasp nests I had and today I am planting the rest of my tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and flowers. Then, since is so hot (90F now and to be 100F+ later), I decided to crank open my patio umbrellas. There are paper wasp nests inside near the tops and one of them is swarming with wasps and that nest is about 5 inches long!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #22643
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Thanks, Prof and WT, and Dreams. I am really hoping one of my other possibilities will pa out. I don't mind relocation. A change may be good.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #22644
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
people freaking amaze me with their either stupidity or inability to think outside of the box. I got Arragorn a new service dog vest from a company that is new to me, very awesome equipment, well thought out, etc etc. you are able to customize the vests and the patches A LOT! one of the patches I chose for this vest was "disabled veteran" because, well duhhh... I am. sooooo we went to a Rennaisance Faire today and I had him in the vest because he needs to get used to it, and I'm REALLY working hard on the notion of when it's ok to play and when not he's just over two, it gets REALLY hard for him). I seriously lost count of the people who wanted to know what his (the dogs') disability was. what he was a veteran of or did he need any help.

really? seriously? is it because I am female? because I don't LOOK disabled? people need serious education!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #22645
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
So for the last few years, I have been having trouble sleeping on Sunday nights. It has nothing to due with coffee or sleeping late on the weekend, it's because just as I'm on the edge of sleep, my imagination starts working overtime. It'll fill my head with visions of the mind-numbing horrors that await me (in my department of one) upon my return to work in the morning. It will invision catastrophes that have but a tenuous connection to reality, and that I, alone, will have to deal with. Then, as the hours spent tossing and turning mount and it's mere minutes before the alarm clock sounds, it chides me to sleep, sleep so I might have the strength to face the coming ordeals.

So on Mondays I'm tired, grumpy, feel like cr*p and I just know it's going to be a bad day. Unfortunately, my pessimism (or clairvoyance) is usually correct.

I hate it when that happens.

However, last night I slept well. No tossing, no turning. No visions of unrealistic catastrophes. No tripping over the dog during my nightly sojourn to the washroom. Nothing. I awoke rested and refreshed. I dressed quickly (getting my socks each on the correct foot), and my steps were spritely as I took the dog on his morning walk. It was Monday, and I felt good!... too good...

So this Monday I'm grumpy, full of dread, and feel like cr*p because I just know today is going to be the day when the Dark Dimensions open, dead Cthulhu awakes and eats my face off with his tenticled maw.

I hate it when that happens.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #22646
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At least I have a reason for crappy sleep. Baby boy screamed from 11:40 - 3:30 this morning. Nothing worked. Not sleeping on Mommy, not rocking by Daddy, not tylenol. Nothing.

Poor little dude but at least he gets to nap at Day Care.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #22647
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Is he teething? Poor thing. I hope he is doing better now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #22648
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

No idea. In the past Tylenol has knocked him out. I feel terrible for him but there is only so much that we can do. In the end, we tried rocking, cuddling, tylenol, and the like with no success.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #22649
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
No idea. In the past Tylenol has knocked him out. I feel terrible for him but there is only so much that we can do. In the end, we tried rocking, cuddling, tylenol, and the like with no success.
Laudinum. You need to find some laudinum. The old cures are the best.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #22650
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Paragoric... spread on babies gums, was the norm in the '40's. Basically tincture of opium. Quieted them right down! Or if you were a druggie, you dipped your joints in it, let 'em dry out, smoked them, and went to Lala Land.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness