Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #226
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
What brought this on, you ask? I have unspent reward bucks at AllRomance. I've been trying to decide how to spend them. Spending free money is always a challenge.
I have reward bucks with them as well... my suggestion is to use them on your wish list. I'm just trying to decide which of them I want to use the bonus on. I'm strongly leaning towards Kaje Harper's latest.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #227
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
For pages you go to the individual page and click like button under there it will have show in news feed you want to uncheck that.
Thanks, Blossom! Yes, the pages that were showing in both had the show in news feed checked. This will be much better when I get it all set up.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #228
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdes View Post
I have never seen it's free at amazon.
It was free only that one day, as are most Amazon freebies.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-20-2013 at 09:59 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #229
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdes View Post
I have never seen it's free at amazon.
Promo is over. Ya gotta move fast on the freebies!

If you're in the U.S I'd be happy to lend it to you. (Through Kindle Lending)
Just PM me a email address to send the notice to.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-20-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #230
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Thanks to Harlequin, steamy has been mainstream for a while, and the books I'm talking about are often not much more explicit than those. But I see them priced in crazyland.

What brought this on, you ask? I have unspent reward bucks at AllRomance. I've been trying to decide how to spend them. Spending free money is always a challenge.
I've never bought from them. Just gotten the freebies.
By Harlequins you mean the Blaze line right? Because most HQs are pretty tame.

I will say Kensington Brava is priced pretty high. I was shocked to get a freebie from them yesterday that was on my wishlist. It had been close to $12 when it came out! It's still $8 at BOB. So nice to get it for free though.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-20-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #231
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Finally read a freebie, and it was terrific. Never know what you will get. If you were lucky enough to get it for free, or have a couple $$ to spend, it is fabulous.

http://www.amazon.com/Hopeless-ebook...colleen+hoover

Read it in one day.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #232
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
I've never bought from them. Just gotten the freebies.
By Harlequins you mean the Blaze line right? Because most HQs are pretty tame.

I will say Kensington Brava is priced pretty high. I was shocked to get a freebie from them yesterday that was on my wishlist. It had been close to $12 when it came out! It's still $8 at BOB. So nice to get it for free though.
Yes, Blaze, and I think there is (or maybe was) another line that I can't recall off the top of my head that had stuff similar to Blaze.

Kensington is all over the map in pricing. They tend to release at $12, and then lower to $6-$8 eventually, but it seems to have more to do with author output rather than book age. And interestingly, Kensington publishes some of the books I was raging over earlier. But Sourcebooks has them beat. Karen Kelley has several books with Kensington that range from $6ish to $12. Her two Sourcebooks-published books are $14.99. Her book listing on ARE looks like a pricing experiment gone wrong.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #233
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Finally read a freebie, and it was terrific. Never know what you will get. If you were lucky enough to get it for free, or have a couple $$ to spend, it is fabulous.

http://www.amazon.com/Hopeless-ebook...colleen+hoover

Read it in one day.
You have to go back and read the rest of her books! It's well worth it. Slammed is my favorite by far.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #234
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
You have to go back and read the rest of her books! It's well worth it. Slammed is my favorite by far.
Thanks. I rated it 5 stars in Calibre. I will add Slammed to the list - I just need something lighter right now!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #235
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks. I rated it 5 stars in Calibre. I will add Slammed to the list - I just need something lighter right now!
I hear ya. I just finished In a Blink of eye by Julie Miller. Really good HQI. I am reading more historicals at the moment. Just finished Seduction of Sara by Karen Hawkins and finally finished Pale Moon Rider by Marsha Canham.

So I am in the what do I read next zone too.

I need one contemporary and one historical to start.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #236
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Free Partay time again
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #237
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Heads up for those who purchased Wild and Wicked by Lisa Jackson at Kobo when it was on sale last January.

I just opened it up and found out it's kepub.
I had to convert to mobi then convert mobi back to epub to get rid of the JavaScript and Kobo style sheet.

The right way to fix it can be found in this post but the quick fix above works good enough.

I haven't had this happen since Xmas 2011. This is not the same as the plain text, double chapter headers old Kobo epubs they sell.

It's a publisher epub wrapped in Kobo JavaScript code for their app and readers and looks horrible on a non Kobo device.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #238
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I repurchased many of the Harlequin titles I had bought at Kobo when they first opened when they had that wonderful $4 off coupon the Christmas before last. Of the ones I didn't, I had already converted to HTML and fixed that way.

I don't really understand the whole CSS and XML stuff. I know just enough basic HTML and regular expressions to know I don't know anything
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #239
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
If anyone downloaded the Rita Herron Looking for Love box set (Husband Hunting 101, Here Comes the Bride, Under the Covers) on Feb 12 or 13th from Amazon, they need to redownload it. Chapter 10 was missing from the second book. I emailed the author and she reuploaded it, though now it also has some sample chapters in the middle. I split the bundle into individual books, so I just deleted the extra.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #240
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
If anyone downloaded the Rita Herron Looking for Love box set (Husband Hunting 101, Here Comes the Bride, Under the Covers) on Feb 12 or 13th from Amazon, they need to redownload it. Chapter 10 was missing from the second book. I emailed the author and she reuploaded it, though now it also has some sample chapters in the middle. I split the bundle into individual books, so I just deleted the extra.
I got it the 14th and show no update. hopefully that means it's the fixed version, as there is no toc and no easy way to find chap 9/11 to see if 10 is in between.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote