Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Thumbs up Got A Boy Toddler? YouTube Is Your Friend!

Others might have already discovered this, but I thought that I'd just share it with those who may not have thought of it.

My 2 year old nephew, like all 2 year old boys, has become fascinated with machinery. In his case, it's lawn care equipment - mowers, trimmers, and leaf blowers. He will sit at the window and watch the neighbors' landscape services the entire time they're out there, pointing out to me the equipment and what they're doing. He periodically goes around the house mowing the floors with his toy mower, then trimminig with his toy trimmer, and then using a toy golf club as a leaf blower, making a buzzing sound the entire time he uses it.

I am able to access YouTube on my cell phone and I found that there are videos of lawn mowers mowing, trimmers trimming, and leaf blowers blowing. Some are just from regular folks, others are brand-specific model demos. The boy is totally fascinated by them, and it's a wonderful tool to have in the babysitter's arsenal to distract him when he's out-of-sorts.

For those of you whose toddlers are into heavy construction equipment, there's a lot of videos on there involving them.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
LOL! this is so true, my 23 month old always watches our landscapers from beginning to end. Hubby bought him a toy mower 3 months ago and he absolutely loves playing with it everyday. As well as pushing ANYTHING on wheels! Strollers, shopping carts etc...if it has wheels he'll "help".
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your son might love this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2329760

My nephew has had his for a few weeks and he absolutely loves it. I was reading the comments about it and some people have had no problems with it, and others have had theirs fall apart, so I guess it's a case of buyer beware, or maybe it depends upon the age of the child and how they use it. My nephew treats his as if it was an actual tool - holds it properly and plays with it as if it was actually trimming the grass.

Re the YouTube videos - there's a lot of dump truck action on there too. That's another fascination of his.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
that's halarious! but if they had a laundry machine and I can get him to use it then that would be awesome!!
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

I watch him go through the various rooms mowing, trimming and blowing and think, "if only he was twelve years old his father would have it made in the shade" and never have to worry about doing lawn work himself again.

I'm going to have to check out the home construction 'Tubes - the boy's got sets of "tools" stashed all round the house for "quick repairs" - lol.
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
ether
ether began at the beginning.

Device: none
youtube.. better than sesame street

I have a 2 year old.. and there are tons of videos to keep them entertained and can actually teach them some cool stuff...

like this series....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_-lz2BI2Co

and this one my son thinks is hilarious...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4HaDhqc_Js
ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
LOL. We're stuck on steam and deisel locomotive trains with my 2-year old.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote