Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
Bluefire - v1.9 - no Google Online Dictionary lookup

According to this blog entry, you should be able to look words up in Bluefire.

http://www.bluefirereader.com/blog/?p=284

I have v1.9, which I assume includes the updates from the version mentioned in the blog post above, 1.8, and I cannot figure out how to get the definition of a word. Highlighting it just brings up Highlight|Note. I am connected to the internet, so the lookup to Google shouldn't be a problem. I checked all the settings screens and none have anything related to dictionaries.

Anyone know how it works?

Last edited by menevets; 11-11-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: More info
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Just like you described: Highlight the word. Among other options, I get a "Define" option which does a Google lookup.
BlueFire Reader 1.9 here.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Just like you described: Highlight the word. Among other options, I get a "Define" option which does a Google lookup.
BlueFire Reader 1.9 here.
I see now that it always worked, just not for a book I sideloaded from the library. I upgraded to 1.9 after borrowing the book and have yet to sideload another library book after the upgrade, but I doubt that's the problem.
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluefire