Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
dmg
dmg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Problems unrooting

Hi All,
I recently rooted my nook color using the autonooter 1.1. It worked great for a couple of weeks and then suddenly it got stuck at the launch screen with that little green android thing looping over and over. I couldn't get it to go past the green guy, so I did the force shut down eight times. After eight forced shut downs at the "n", the nook stated that it was installing new software and all seemed fine but when it rebooted after loading the new software I still get the rooted nook AND it's not functional. I can at least now access settings. Here is what I'm running into:

1.) When I try to deregister the Nook it just sits there are the "deregistering device..." message and doesn't go any further.

2.) I've tried to return to factory install times two more times (using the eight shut down method) and I get the same thing as originally happened. It says it's downloading new software and then it reboots to the non-functional rooted device.
Any suggestions on how I might proceed?
Thank in advance,
Dawn
dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
dmg
dmg began at the beginning.

Hi Everyone,
Please disregard this earlier message. I finally figured it out. Just as an FYI for anyone else having problems unrooting...
Because I hadn't deregiestered the device before trying to return to factory settings the eight shut down method doesn't work. I had to turn off the Nook and then power back on while holding the "home" (the n) key. Then it gave me the option to clear the data and return to factory settings.
It worked!
I got the information on how to do this through this link at Nook Devs:
http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_UnRooting
Dawn
dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
that happened to me too and I used that method also. I also posted the info as a comment under husker manias you tube unrooting video because lots of people have experienced this same issue, ie being stuck at the register page.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
coase
Enthusiast
coase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enoughcoase will become famous soon enough

Let me make sure I understand: This deregisters the device but keeps your loaded books and apps onto it? I'm trying to switch ownership of the my Nook to someone else and then give it to them in a rooted state. Is this the procedure to follow?

Would you mind walking me through it? I'm thinking of deregistering but I thought I had to completely return to stock state, upgrade to 1.1 and then use Autonooter again to get it to where i currently have it.

Is this quicker?
coase is offline   Reply With Quote