Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
What exactly does "stby" touch do??

I've googled and looked in the User's Guide...to no avail.

When reading on the 950, exactly what is the "stby" at the lowest left position on the touch screen? What is it for? What does it signify?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
dcross9818
Enthusiast
dcross9818 doesn't litterdcross9818 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-350, Kobo Aura, Kindle PW2, Voyage (broke), Oasis
I believe that would mean that the 3g connection is in standby mode, try powering up the data connection and seeing if the symbol changes.

---dcross9818
dcross9818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcross9818 View Post
I believe that would mean that the 3g connection is in standby mode, try powering up the data connection and seeing if the symbol changes.
D, Thanks!

Your info helped me find the details in the User's Guide. I believe that you are correct as to the meaning of "stby".
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote