Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iPhone 4 will only be available for existing O2 customers at launch

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/wheretobuy.html
Quote:
iPhone stock will be extremely limited in the UK at launch and not everybody who wants one will be able to get one straight away. We want to make sure that our existing customers get priority so until at least the end of July, only existing O2 customers will be able to get an iPhone 4 from us.

Whether you're an existing O2 mobile customer looking to upgrade, or one of our broadband customers looking to move your mobile to O2, our iPhone stock is reserved exclusively for you.
uh..wha?

edit: wonder what the U.K.'s OTHER FOUR CARRIERS are going to do *bitter*

Last edited by kjk; 06-18-2010 at 01:48 PM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Deleted
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you read the announcement more carefully, you'll see that it says that O2 are only going to sell iPhones to their existing customers while there is a stock shortage.

It certainly does NOT say that no other carrier will have the iPhone.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you read the announcement more carefully, you'll see that it says that O2 are only going to sell iPhones to their existing customers while there is a stock shortage.

It certainly does NOT say that no other carrier will have the iPhone.
That wasn't what I meant I meant new customers have 4 other carriers to buy from, unlike us.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
It is an interesting change that they have decided to do this, in the past the networks have tried to gain customers by doing the exact opposite and prioritising new contract over upgrades.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
It is an interesting change that they have decided to do this, in the past the networks have tried to gain customers by doing the exact opposite and prioritising new contract over upgrades.
That is what I found odd as well, but a friend thought it was a nice gesture of loyalty on O2's part, basically rewarding their current customers.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think it's a very good thing, to reward the loyalty of existing customers, rather than have special offers only for new customers. I wish more companies did this!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I think it's a very good thing, to reward the loyalty of existing customers, rather than have special offers only for new customers. I wish more companies did this!
Indeed. Similarly, I recall, many years ago that my wife and I held our mortgage with a Building Society. When we moved house we lived with my parents for three months to make the timing of the change easier so had no mortgage for that brief period. After that time we continued our mortgage for a few more years until that Building Society decided to reward their loyal customers with a 'loyalty bonus'.

In order to qualify for this, they chose a date some time before where you had to had held a still current mortgage with them. Of course, the date they chose was during our 3 month hiatus . I did contact them to point out that we had had a mortgage with them for all bar 3 months of the previous 12 years but it cut no ice

Within 3 months I moved our mortgage elsewhere and will never do business with them again.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
kjk

Quote:
True. And while I'm critical of a lot of AT&T's actions over the years ( I've been with them over 10 years- not always by choice- they bought out Cingular) they have "rewarded" me on the 3G/3GS/4 upgrade path-allowing me to upgrade each time without fee, and at the lowest price. So basically they only got 1 year of hardware recovery costs for each phone, not two.