Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Sony Wishlist

My Sony 600 suits me very well, but I do find myself wishing for one small new feature in the firmware.

The Sony already has a very good TOD clock - it has to to support DRM license limits. You can see it on the settings page.

When I am reading late at night, I wish their were a really easy way to see what time it is.

Due to EInk technology, a dynamic display is out. Static is fine for me.

When I double click on a word, the small dictionary box opens instantly. There is room on the left side of that box for a time display.

That is my wish - add the time - and maybe date - to the dictionary box.

Double click to open the dictionary box and check time, single click to remove it.

Any other wishes out there?

Robert

Last edited by rmm200; 02-01-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Clarity
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
The time could be updated down on the status bar on every page turn.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
Loose_Appeal
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
Loose_Appeal doesn't litterLoose_Appeal doesn't litter

Device: Current: PRS-650, Previous: Books
Epub full justification. All they have to do is update Adobe Digital Editions. It's about time Sony.
Loose_Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #4
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I'd like to see the ability to select the display fonts for, as a minimum, plain text and RTF.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I'd like to be able to access the dictionary without necessarily double-clicking a word.
I'd like the option to load more dictionaries.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
kc5cychris
Connoisseur
kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-900
I too thisnk the clock on screen or a click or two away would be great.
kc5cychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose_Appeal View Post
Epub full justification. All they have to do is update Adobe Digital Editions. It's about time Sony.

Got another stick? I'll join you in beating that dead horse.

I would also like to see proper hyphenation (that would help those folks who complain about the word spacing in justified files) but I have no idea if that is possible in epub.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5cychris View Post
I too thisnk the clock on screen or a click or two away would be great.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
From the main screen, you click more, then settings, and it's there. So it's two or three clicks away now.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
if you load the custom russian firmware (search around the forums for links and instructions) you can add a clock. i did the swap a few months ago and have been enjoying a clock in the lower-right corner since.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
Laurentiu
Connoisseur
Laurentiu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 2, Sony PRS-600 (no longer used)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I'd like to be able to access the dictionary without necessarily double-clicking a word.
I'd like the option to load more dictionaries.
Here is another discussion about additional dictionaries on Sony. You could call them - see phone number at post# 18 - and tell them what you wish. The more we call them, the more likely theywill be to either update the existing models or, at least, to include requested features in the new models!

About dictionaries, I would also like to be able to access the dictionary without double-tapping a word. And one more thing: when the word is not found, I would like to be able to access the keyboard, so that I can type a word (right now the keyboard appears only if the word is found!)
Laurentiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #12
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Another vote for the clock on the main page - static is fine updated with page turns. in the next 505 firmware update Please !!
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #13
perversity
Enthusiast
perversity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo View Post

Got another stick? I'll join you in beating that dead horse.

I would also like to see proper hyphenation (that would help those folks who complain about the word spacing in justified files) but I have no idea if that is possible in epub.
PLEASE, PLEEEAAAASE fix this Sony!
perversity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #14
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Name:  yeahthat.gif
Views: 1072
Size:  576 Bytes , and real folders (directories)
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #15
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I've been enjoying my clock for a few months now.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote