Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Problem changing margins on an ePub

I normally have no problem changing the margins on commercial ePub's, but I've got one right now that's vexing me. Normally it's a simple matter of editing the CSS or, if it has one, page-template.xpgt file. I've done that this time and the ePub still has large margins. I also tried running it through Calibre and they didn't change.

Any ideas on where else in the file I might have to look to be able to edit the margins?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Hmm... have you tried removing the CSS (or leaving it empty), to check if it's actually something in the CSS that's making the margin?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Hmm... have you tried removing the CSS (or leaving it empty), to check if it's actually something in the CSS that's making the margin?
Nope. Good idea, I'll give it a try.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

After messing around some more it appears the edited page-template.xpgt file wasn't copying over properly. Now that it did all the margins are 'fixed' except for the right hand one, which appears to be a CSS issue. Unfortunately the CSS for this book is 3,262 lines long so it might take a bit to track it down.

Thanks Jellby for the trouble shooting suggestion

EDIT: Of course right after I posted I found the offending line. Thanks again Jellby.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 11-02-2009 at 04:33 PM.