Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-26-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
gekkota
gekkota began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Question Greetings From Confused Newbie!

Hi, everyone! I have been reading the forums, and I guess I just can't figure out where to start...
I have an Ipod Touch with Stanza, and have downloaded a few books from their online catalogs.
I'd like to add other books from other sources like Mobileread, but I can't figure out how to do it. Is there a post with instructions on how to start?

I downloaded Stanza Desktop. I searched for books on Mobileread, but then what? Do I click on the "attachment?" Is that the book? When the window opens, do I then 'save' it, and hopefully it will end up in the Stanza Desktop, where it will be magically transformed into a format that can be read on the Ipod Touch Stanza program? Am I getting warm?

I would really appreciate any suggestions, as I am getting frustrated since I can't seem to figure this out.... Thanks!
gekkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
I downloaded Stanza Desktop. I searched for books on Mobileread, but then what? Do I click on the "attachment?" Is that the book? When the window opens, do I then 'save' it, and hopefully it will end up in the Stanza Desktop, where it will be magically transformed into a format that can be read on the Ipod Touch Stanza program? Am I getting warm?
You're pretty close.

1. Yes, the attachment in the first message is the ebook. It is usually zipped. Download that, save to your PC and unzip it.
2. Your best bet is to create a folder on your PC to hold all your ebook files.
3. Open Stanza and open the book or books you want to put onto your iPod
4. Make sure you have "Enable sharing" set to on. In the Mac version this is in the Tools menu. Probably there on the Windows version too.
5. On your iPod run Stanza and go to the download function. You should see your local machine listed in some way. I don't recall exactally what it said, but it is pretty obvious... I think under the list of web sites.
6. Once you select that you should see all the books you currently have open on your desktop in Stanza. If you download them to the iPod stanza desktop will convert them to ePub and send them to your iPod.
7. Open an ebook from your library, read and enjoy.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi gekkota and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
gekkota
gekkota began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Wow! It worked!
Thanks for the quick and helpful replies--I really appreciate it!

Last edited by gekkota; 12-26-2008 at 03:50 PM.
gekkota is offline   Reply With Quote