Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
Fif23
Connoisseur
Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Anyone using an Ultrabook for reading ?

Is there anyone here who reads exclusively on an 11-13 inch Ultrabook ?
How is it ? Which one do you have ? Better than a tablet ?
Fif23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
crash1211
crash1211 will become famous soon enoughcrash1211 will become famous soon enoughcrash1211 will become famous soon enoughcrash1211 will become famous soon enoughcrash1211 will become famous soon enoughcrash1211 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-600, Entourage Edge, Nook Simple Touch, iPad2, Kindle 4
I just purchased an 11 inch windows 8 ultra-book, and so far I don't like any of the ereader apps I've tried. They are ok, but lacking when compared to iBook or blue fire reader. If anyone knows of a nice app that will allow side loading of epub please let me know.
crash1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Labarum
Enthusiast
Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I use a Samsung Chromebook - the one running an ARM Processor and looks like an 11" MacBook Air but costs only £200.

I quite like the brand new Overdrive Read which displays ePub files in the web browser. Basic, but it does all I want.

http://www.overdrive.com/products/overdrive-read/

I switch the Chromebook into full screen mode which gives plenty viewing area. It is also possible to rotate the screen for a big-big-book read. Holding the ultra-portable laptop with the keyboard on the right or the left is entirely manageable. The graphics driver control panel of a Windows laptop ought to make screen orientation changes.
Labarum is offline   Reply With Quote