Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #1696
jonericardo
jonericardo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
I have seen many online offers in some of well known shopping sites but I don't have trust on that. I would like to have it by my self in fact I am also vary much addicted to ebook.
jonericardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #1697
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
The first two Matt Helm books by Donald Hamilton have been released with the next three scheduled for the next few months. I picked up the first two and Matt Helm: The War Years by Keith Wease.
I loved the Matt Helm series. It has always been my favorite Secret Agent Series. If you equate this series to the movies staring Dean Martin, you would be very surprised by the difference between them. I will be getting all of them as they become available. If I had a budget for books it would be blown.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #1698
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
If I had a budget for books it would be blown.
I certainly never budget for books. As long as there would still be money left in the budget I would buy everything that's on my path; once the money would be gone I'd buy what I regularly buy.

I did calculate how much I tend to spend on books a year, generally 1200-1500 euro. This year I have been working on my back-list pretty hard so far, but spend most of the saved money on some expensive cooking books.
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #1699
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hello:

My name is Milo Finnderbinnder and I just bought Joyce Carol Oates's new masterpiece, "The Accursed," which I plan to read as soon as I am released.

Am I accursed for buying this ebook?

Milo
Ebook Sanitarium, Ward 8
Miskatonic University
Essex County, Massachusetts
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #1700
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Hello:

My name is Milo Finnderbinnder and I just bought Joyce Carol Oates's new masterpiece, "The Accursed," which I plan to read as soon as I am released.

Milo
Ebook Sanitarium, Ward 8
Miskatonic University
I've just finished it - YOU'RE DOOMED!
[P.S. It's a wonderful read - well worth the eternal damnation you will suffer]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #1701
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I have kicked my "grab all the freebies you can" addiction. Fortunately, before the number reached 1000. Buying, though, thats something else.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #1702
Valentino
Connoisseur
Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Hello:

Milo
Ebook Sanitarium, Ward 8
Miskatonic University
Milo, don't Slack off. You don't have time to read your book, you have other things to do right?
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #1703
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Well, I just bought 5 books on my wishlist for 10 dollar. According to Books on Board I save 7 dollar. According to my math, I saved a lot more since 4 of them already were discounted by the publisher.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #1704
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
Well, I just bought 5 books on my wishlist for 10 dollar. According to Books on Board I save 7 dollar. According to my math, I saved a lot more since 4 of them already were discounted by the publisher.
$2/book is a good price. The rewards of patience.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #1705
forgottenbooks
forgottenbooks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome Keeper View Post
My name is Tome and I'm an e-book addict. I worked out that it would take me about 12 years to read my current collection, and I keep adding to it.
I think you'll gonna keep reading books lifetime.
forgottenbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #1706
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A Kindle daily deal has taken my April bought total up to 6. (Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton. It was published in the US in 2003, but has only just been published (in paperback) in the UK. £0.99 - too good to pass up.)
Old 04-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #1707
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Yea, I search the kindle daily deal every day. Yesterday I picked up Tobbaco Road by Erskine Caldwell for 1.99.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #1708
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I bought the first four of the Gabriel Du Pre Montana Series by Peter Bowen one right after the other. Now I am trying to resist buying the other nine in the series and binging out.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #1709
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
A Kindle daily deal has taken my April bought total up to 6. (Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton. It was published in the US in 2003, but has only just been published (in paperback) in the UK. £0.99 - too good to pass up.)
Yes, I fell for that one, too. My third purchase of the month, following the two Iain Banks books I bought yesterday. But they still come to less than I spent on one video game I didn't even particularly want.

If I buy those other two books I've got my eye on, though...
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #1710
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I have just found out that there are two more books in the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series that I haven't got!

But I'm going to wait for a better special offer. The £3.67 for The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party at Amazon is tempting, it's not quite tempting enough.

Admire my fortitude in the face of temptation!

Now if it was £2.50 or less, I think I would have given in.