Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #1
Massreader
Enthusiast
Massreader began at the beginning.

Device: none
AZW conversion: no highlights in text

Hello,

I would like to convert azw-files with highlighted text-passages.
But I can not see the highlighted passages in calibre.

What can I do?
Massreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Highlighted text is not stored in the .azw file, but a separate text file. If you used the Kindle for PC app to highlight text, you can extract the text with the Mobipocket Notes File Extractor.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Massreader
Enthusiast

The highlighted text is stored in the .mbp file which has the same name as the .azw file.

Does that mean that there is no way that calibre recognizes the .azw and the associated mbp file and convertes / combines them in a format (pdf, ebup or mobi) where I can see the highlighted passages?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massreader View Post
Does that mean that there is no way that calibre recognizes the .azw and the associated mbp file and convertes / combines them in a format (pdf, ebup or mobi) where I can see the highlighted passages?
AFAIK, no. I guess it would be technically possible to locate the highlighted passages in the .html source and apply a highlight style to them, but someone would have to write a dedicated Calibre plugiin for this to work.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
Massreader
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
... but someone would have to write a dedicated Calibre plugiin for this to work.
I think this would be a very useful plugin for lots of people.

Any volunteers?
Any names who could do that?
Old 08-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
garkadin
garkadin began at the beginning.

Device: Mac & iPad
For me the question stays valid today.
Or are there new elements since them that I don't know about?

Thank you for your answers…
garkadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@garkadin - Kovid is working on a completely new version of the calibre desktop viewer that will feature significant annotations features - watch out for the Version 4 beta.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #8
garkadin
garkadin began at the beginning.

Device: Mac & iPad
Thanks BR!

I'll do that then.
garkadin is offline   Reply With Quote