Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
jukebox [player of mp3, ogg, mpc, mikmod, wav, flac files]

[EDIT 04/30/2008] If you wanna update the database you should use the entry "Update Database, & Start Playback" in "Contentlister based Control of mpd". You should run it twice to avoid the odds when one execution is not enough. [Still unknown to me, when this is exactly the case.]
More information here.
[EDIT 04/25/2008] Jukebox 3.1.1 is out. Point "fixed missing icons in gimmix" in 3.1 changelog was not working. So v3.1.1 is a mini-patch.

[EDIT 03/06/2008] Jukebox 3.1 is out.
jukebox 3.1 changelog:
# latest versions: mpd 0.13.1, gimmix 0.4.3
# tweaking gimmix.glade:
- fixed missing icons in gimmix
- small compact mode by disabling artist/title label, moving information/playlist button.
# fixed "updating mpd database doesn’t remove obsolete playlists"
# loading different gimmix glade files
# support of mikmod files is included again
# support of JACK servers

supported formats are:
mp3, ogg vorbis, mpc, mikmod, wav, flac, JACK server [I compiled it, but I haven't used it yet]

These are mikmod formats:
Quote:
669 (Composer 669, Unis 669), AMF (DSMI Advanced Module Format), AMF (ASYLUM Music Format V1.0), APUN (APlayer), DSM (DSIK internal format), FAR (Farandole Composer), GDM (General DigiMusic), IT (Impulse Tracker), IMF (Imago Orpheus), MOD (15 and 31 instruments), MED (OctaMED), MTM (MultiTracker Module editor), OKT (Amiga Oktalyzer), S3M (Scream Tracker 3), STM (Scream Tracker), STX (Scream Tracker Music Interface Kit), ULT (UltraTracker), UNI (MikMod), XM (FastTracker 2)
You can find such files for instance here. Two samples are included in the zip file.

older, now obsolete jukebox threads:
Contentlister Based Music Player w/ Playlist support
Information about coming Music Jukebox 3.0

A readme pdf file is included in attachment.

screenshots:
#1 gimmix in compact mode, with opened information window [for viewing file tags]
#2 gimmix in non-compact mode with current playlist [trivia: William Shatner's counterpart in the Star Trek parallel universe is captain Kirk .]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gimmix_compact_mode_information.png
Views:	1895
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	11264   Click image for larger version

Name:	gimmix_current_playlist.png
Views:	1691
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	11265  
Attached Files
File Type: zip jukebox_3.1.zip (4.15 MB, 1129 views)
File Type: zip jukebox_3.1.1.zip (4.18 MB, 1885 views)

Last edited by yokos; 05-02-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: mikmok formats bold markings
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

I installed my jukebox today on a fresh CF card & got a shock: "fixed missing icons in gimmix" [one point in 3.1 changelog ] is not fixed.
Well, it was fixed on another CF card, but not in the installation package. The installation copied the needed icons into the wrong path _local/share/gimmix/pixmaps instead of correct _local/share/pixmaps.

More than 100 users have downloaded/(maybe - who knows) installed jukebox, but nobody reported this bug. Nobody was amazed about the fact that the icons [volume, information ... buttons] in the screenshots above are missing in your installation? Please report bugs.

v3.1.1 will follow.
Advert
Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
@yokos

Here's me being a good bug reporter! I've just installed 3.1 on my CF card. After it was installed, I got a message saying I should run it from the Programs directory in the root of Main Memory, when in fact it's in the Programs directory of CF. It confused me for a while!

Now it's working fine, thanks!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
@yokos

Here's me being a good bug reporter! I've just installed 3.1 on my CF card. After it was installed, I got a message saying I should run it from the Programs directory in the root of Main Memory, when in fact it's in the Programs directory of CF. It confused me for a while!

Now it's working fine, thanks!
Thx carandol.
I can't see there any "root of main memory" in message in Contentlister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finished installation message
Run/uninstall app from "programs" [root of memory].
Click on me to get the installation entry back.
It's just the standard manifest file which I use for all my ports.
If I rembember correctly
Quote:
Run/uninstall app from "programs" [root of choosen memory].
will not fit in 1st line.
Editing this manifest with a shell script so the user get's something like "Start program here: CF/Programs/xxx" would be an option.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:20 AM   #5
Kiba
Kiba began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Thanks you for our software, very nice.

I'm a question, sorry if I'm not in the good section. Is it possible to run the jukebox by clicking on a mp3 file ? How ?

Thanks !
Kiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Thanks you for our software, very nice.

I'm a question, sorry if I'm not in the good section. Is it possible to run the jukebox by clicking on a mp3 file ? How ?

Thanks !
If you want this: a registration for Contentlister is needed, so that the filetype mp3 is connented to an app [like a pdf file starts app ipdf].

The command line player madplay [or so, I have seen it here somewhere] could be connected to mp3 file type.

mpd [music player daemon] uses a database. Clients like mpc/gimmix search in databse and start playback.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #7
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

v.3.1.1 is out. It's just a mini-patch [missing icons bug]. Sorry for the delay.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Fixed bug

Dear yokos,
Thank you very much for the new version 3.1.1. Jukebox, even if I was one of the millions(?!?), who had downloaded version 3.1 jukebox, and did not not report to you the bug. As far as I am concerned, I had no idea how the final application should look, so I was pretty impressed and satisfied with what I had, being able to listen to mp3 on my iliad ...I was like WHOOOAAA!!
Anyway, thank you again, and I would also like to ask if you don't mind what should be the best steps to remove the prior version 3.1 jukebox (my best guess is that we should remove this aplplication) before installing the new version.
Is the "Uninstall Music Jukebox 3.0" under Programs/Uninstall take care of everything even the mp3 folder on the CF root??

Thanks a million in advance for your help!!

D.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #9
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Never mind, Yokos! I was finally able to figure it out myself!! Great program indeed! I realized now that this new version is more stable than the previous one...

Thanks,

D.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #10
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabon View Post
[...]
Anyway, thank you again, and I would also like to ask if you don't mind what should be the best steps to remove the prior version 3.1 jukebox (my best guess is that we should remove this aplplication) before installing the new version.
Is the "Uninstall Music Jukebox 3.0" under Programs/Uninstall take care of everything even the mp3 folder on the CF root??
[...]
In general it's a good idea to deinstall the old version first. This reduces side effects.
No, the mp3 folder is safe. Deinstalllation doensn't touch this.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I have worked on getting the player up and working. One problem that I am having is adding music. I have a lot of trouble getting the newly added files recognized by either of the players. Even after I try getting all the options. I added some mp3's and I had to reinstall the player for the system to see them. I have added some mod files and in the mikmod folder and I cannot see any of them. Right now I have the Gimmix interface "updating library". It seems to have hung as the busy led is not on and it has been sitting for a while.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #12
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat View Post
I have worked on getting the player up and working. One problem that I am having is adding music. I have a lot of trouble getting the newly added files recognized by either of the players. Even after I try getting all the options. I added some mp3's and I had to reinstall the player for the system to see them. I have added some mod files and in the mikmod folder and I cannot see any of them. Right now I have the Gimmix interface "updating library". It seems to have hung as the busy led is not on and it has been sitting for a while.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks firekat, this is a good point, which I forgot to put in the readme. Sorry.
You should use only "Update Database, & Start Playback" [top 2nd entry] in the "Contentlister based Control of mpd" to update the mpd database after adding/removing files.
The shell scripts behind the "contentlister based control" do all the stuff of creation of playlists (all songs; sorted by album, artist, date, genre), which gimmix can see.

1st run of gimmix after installation & next runs after this differ.
1st run= starting shell script "Update Database, & Start Playback", which loads mpd, creates DB, loads All-Songs-Playlist, starts plackback; then gimmix starts.
from 2nd run= starting shell script "Continue Playback", which starts mpd with last status of playback (db, playlists, position in last listened track [useful for audio books]); then gimmix starts.
Hey firekat, this is the reason why reinstalling jukebox fixed "missing songs" problem: 1st run of gimmix after installation created new db.

[EDIT] It's no big deal to rename/create entries:
# "Start gimmix in Continue Playback mode"
# "Update DB [after removing/adding files], then start gimmix".
Would this solve the confusion?

Last edited by yokos; 04-29-2008 at 08:54 AM. Reason: edit
Old 04-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yokos,

Sorry if I am a bit thick, but I just cannot not get it to update the files. Please give me a step by step - even if it includes re-installing.

The problem is that YOU let me discover mod files ( and their variants). There's lots of stuff out there that's free & the only player other than the pc/laptop is the iLiad - so this is all your fault! (ha, ha)

Thanks for your help!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #14
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat View Post
Yokos,

Sorry if I am a bit thick, but I just cannot not get it to update the files. Please give me a step by step - even if it includes re-installing.

The problem is that YOU let me discover mod files ( and their variants). There's lots of stuff out there that's free & the only player other than the pc/laptop is the iLiad - so this is all your fault! (ha, ha)

Thanks for your help!
You are making me crazy. (ha, ha back to you)

updating database:
[1] put all files in dir "mp3" in the root of choosen memory
[2] click on "Update Database, & Start Playback.png" in "Contentlister based Control of mpd" in Programs/jukebox.* Please run it a 2nd time.
[3] start gimmix, which loads updated "All-Songs" Playlist.

I just tested it with a fresh mp3 dir. I found out:
I had to run "Update Database, & Start Playback.png" twice before 1 added mikmod file got recognized. This is odd.
Then I moved subdirs, added mp3 files. Again: a 2nd run was needed to get an up-to-date All-songs Playlist. Uhh, this is a real bug. To sum up: Run it twice in general to make sure everything is ok.

The mikmod files I have seen so far have only the Tag Title, therefore they are only inlcluded in the All-Songs Playlist, not in any of the Artis/Album/Genre Playlists in gimmix playlist manager. *
The playing time of mikmod files is listed as 0s.

I hope it helps this time.

screenshots:
* entry "Update Database, & Start Playback.png" in "Contentlister based Control of mpd".
* gimmix' playlist manager
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Update Database, & Start Playback.png
Views:	925
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	12481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gimmix Playlist Manager.png
Views:	901
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	12486  

Last edited by yokos; 04-30-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: 2nd screenshot
Old 05-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #15
firekat
Groupie

Thanks for the info yokos. I at first (prior to your last post) tried reinstalling the program including all the new files in the mp3 folder. That did not work, and the iLiad just would never stop "working" the busy led would blink continuously.

Right now I am out on the road. I don't have a CF card reader with me (and I am too cheap to want to buy one -at least for the moment) and it will be a bit of time before I will give this a try again.

Basically what I will do is reload your original programs sans the additional sound files and then follow your directions explicitly.

One other question, will the mpd be able to play .s3m & .it files?

Thanx!