Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Trisman
Trisman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Notes on the Kobo Touch

Hi,

iam thinking about buying myself an ebook. I preordered a PRS-T1 already, it ships end of october in Germany. But now i've seen, that the Kobo touch will be avalible also in october. Overall the Kobo looks more like what i want. But i couldn't find out now if the Kobo does support Notes with a new firmware. For me it is an essential feature to add notes to my book. (i don't own kobo books, so it has to work for sidebuys). Could anyone answer me that question?

Thanks in advance an sorry for my bad english

Stephan
Trisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
unfortunately at this point and time, you can't take notes within a book.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kobo Touch
Also, some features, such as Highlighting, Margin/Justification adjustment only work on Kobo-purchased (kePub) books. If you plan to read mainly sideloaded books, bear in mind that not all of the advertised features will work.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Trisman
Trisman began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks for that very quick reply! in that case i think i will stay with the sony even if the kobo looked a little better overall to me apart form notes.

edit:
ok, if even highlighting will not work, its an easy choice. thanks for your help!
Trisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
After working with the KT keyboard, I would insist on a reader with a full keyboard if I was going to take notes. The touch-based keyboard is slow and imprecise.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert