Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Tharkun
Tharkun began at the beginning.

Device: none
Will Netflix ever work?

Hi all, I have a 10" EE and I have really found this forum useful and friendly. Thanks very much.

I haven't seen this question come up in some time, and I wondered if anyone ever figured out how to get Netflix working on the EE.

I downloaded and installed the most recent Netflix .apk file, and I am able to browse movies. However, when I click to play a video, the app starts to load the video then crashes back to the browsing screen.

Any ideas/suggestions?
Tharkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Short answer? "No."

It's extremely unlikely, anyways. Barring some sort of third party app. The Marvell chip in the EE and the PE are ARM v5 ISAs and less and less is supporting them. Not all newer devices are supported due to the fact the Netflix app makes use on onboard encryption support for their stream's DRM. Also mix in the fact the IGP on the EE and PE doesn't even have proper accelerated drivers and... yeah. Super doubtful. The EE/PE have a hardtime just playing standard video files. If you haven't tried already, video playback is extremely poor unless you reencode a video explicitely for the devices and even then you get horrible tearing due to the unaccelerated screen rendering.

I use a secondary device for my video For all things textual, though, the EE/PE is unbeatable!
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Check the entourage archive forum.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote