Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
dpettman
dpettman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Troubleshooting: Kindle 3 now has amnesia

My Kindle 3 hung and then automatically re-booted after I was scrolling forward through pages too quickly. Now it cannot remember which book I was reading last, or what page I was on. I have restarted several times, but to no avail. Any ideas how I can fix this vexing issue?
best,
dpettman

*Actually, it DOES seem to remember the page I was on - but puts my most recent reads on the LAST page, instead of on page 1 of the home screen . . . .

???

Last edited by dpettman; 10-03-2010 at 11:13 AM.
dpettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
How is your K3 sorted? You might try resorting and resyncing

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
When the 'Last Read' books go to the back of the list (assuming the sort settings are correct), it's usually due to the time being out of whack. Syncing (and trying different 3G providers if you have that model) will usually remedy the problem. If you have the WiFi only version, make sure the timezone settings are correct. Also make sure your Kindle account is associated (on Amazon's Kindle Management page) with the country you are trying to use it in.

If all that fails to work... turn the wireless on and leave it on the charger overnight.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-03-2010 at 11:51 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
dpettman
dpettman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks!

Thanks for helping a newbie! The resync seems to have worked!!
dpettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
WOW, GOT NEW INFO
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Thanks DiapDealer. I was having the same problem as the OP and a search turned up this thread.

I hadn't noticed the time was off. Simply turning on WiFi and synching did the trick.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amnesia, troubleshooting