Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
RachaelJ
RachaelJ began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket
Hello and software help.

Hi, as you can see I'm new to forum so hello and hopefully someone can answer my questions.

Just purchased pocket reader today,have the sony software and adobe ade both installed.
I'm thinking I would rather just use the adobe to do everything on since that's how you borrow library books but I have about 25 free books that I (somehow in a haze of clicks) got today when registering the device which show up on the sony list but not the adobe. Any ideas how to transfer them? They are on the reader but I don't want them all on there, I just want them in my adobe library.The adobe help bit says drag them but not working.

Also, and this is going to irritate the life out of me if it can't be changed the alphabetical list on the reader goes on FIRST names???? I've never been to a library or book shop that wasn't alphabetical by last name..does anyone else find that annoying.

Many thanks for any help and sorry if questions are obvious. I shall pay back by answering some queries for others once I've got the hang of it.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
There are multiple ways to manage your ebooks.

You can use the Sony library software and any library books borrowed and ebooks purchased from Sony will automatically download to the Sony software. You can also make use of the Collections feature through the Sony software.

If you want to use ADE, check to see if there is an option to import books. I have to tried a drag and drop method to add ebooks to ADE.

A third option is Calibre. This program will allow ebook management for DRM and non-DRM files. One limitation is DRM ebooks cannot be viewed using the programs ebook viewer option.

Many other have found the alphabetical listing by first name to be annoying. There is not way to fix this for Sony purchased books as that is how they populated their metadata information. If you purchase books elsewhere, they may have it correctly as last name, first name.

BTW, I have a sister who has the same spelling as your name.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
RachaelJ
RachaelJ began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket
Thanks Grooks. I will have another go. I really shouldn't have been in such a hurry to get it working and then might not have messed it up!

Glad I'm not alone in my alphabetical irritation..my husband thought I was overly picky when I was complaining about it.I will have to make sure I only buy books via sony then as it will drive me potty if I have it both ways LOL
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote