Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
Olenka
Olenka began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
Misteriously broken display

I've got my Sony Prs 600 less then 1 month ago.It was shipped from USA.
Everything was great, I adore it. Kept it all the time in cover. And 2 days ago I was reading it before going to sleep, then put it on night table and in the morning wanted to write another book into the library, and suddenly discovered that display has some lines and look like it's broaken
warranty, as i know, don't cover broaken display - but i know that i didn't do any damaging action!

Maybe someone has the same situation - and sony will replace me this screen?
I could buy another one - but could anyone tell that it wouldn't happen again?
Olenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Yes I've heard of lines running down the screen before and I think the only resolution is to contact Sony about a repair or replacement. I don't think it's terribly common but just bad luck really.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think it should be covered under the warranty because it is a genuine fault ie not anything you have caused. You mean lines under the screen I assume like streaks of ink not actual cracks in the screen?

I believe that if you had dropped and cracked your screen then that would not necessarily be covered.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Olenka

Actually it's look like it's broken.
But i could swear that i didn't drop and didn't crack the screen.

so have to phone sony first....
Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #5
poshm
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olenka View Post
Actually it's look like it's broken.
But i could swear that i didn't drop and didn't crack the screen.

so have to phone sony first....
You haven't got a cat have you or a small dog who may have jumped on your reader in the middle of the night ? My cat has almost sat on mine a few times and as she's a fat cat I'm not too keen on that idea of hers.
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
Olenka

Nope)
no pets right now in my house.
actually if i really know that I broke it (drop, or sit on it or smth else), i could be not so disappointed - but i did nothing, use it approximately for 3 weeks - and i have no bookreader now