Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
missflow
missflow began at the beginning.

Device: ipod - kindle app
Ipod/Server problem

Hi

I share the calibre content server and use my Ipod Touch to open the server via safari to access the library.

It took a long time to open the page. Today, it simply won't open at all. The error message said the server is no responding. I used google chrome and it could not open the page either.

I use my smart phone (android) to try it and the smart phone was able to open it within seconds. I have anti virus installed in my smart phone but not my ipod, so I am not sure what is stalling safari from opening it.

Would anyone able to give me some pointers?

Last edited by missflow; 02-07-2016 at 09:46 AM.
missflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
missflow
missflow began at the beginning.

Device: ipod - kindle app
Any ideas??
missflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not an ipod user -- but given that it works on the android and not the ipod it points to something on the ipod. The thing that comes to mind is to check that the ipod is connected to the same wifi network as the android phone. And look in the network settings for the ipod if there are any settings that could affect connectivity like proxy settings, or content filters or some such.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote