Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
William Carter
William Carter began at the beginning.

Device: 02 XDA
Sony Reader in UK

Hi everyone. This my first post, and am wondering if the Sony Reader is likely to be available in the UK. If not will one bought in the USA operate in the uk with mobipocket downloads? Any views would be appreciated.
William
William Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
No one really knows if/when Sony might officially make the Reader available outside the US.

The Sony doesn't do Mobipocket. For that you'll want to look at the Cybook Gen3 or the iRex Iliad.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
There are some pretty persistent rumors that Sony is going to introduce Reader in UK on some book fair in the beginning of 2008.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Even if those rumours are true, I don't forgive Sony for making me wait so much and not confirming me when they're going to sell it in Europe. I bought a Cybook.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
There are quite a lot of Readers outside the USA. Including mine.
You can even buy books on Sony Connect site from "outside". You just have to ask somebody on this forum to buy gif certificate for you and send him money via paypal.
There are quite a lot of e-books available on the net - for free (project Gutenberg, Baen free library, various other sources) or commercially (Fictionwise just started to support Sony LRF format) . Just click on the E-Books link on the top of this screen.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert