Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #106
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Congrats

When is it supposed to arrive?
Looks like about a week, either Friday or Saturday. I went with free shipping, because the Sunshine Super Sale has a bunch of books I wanted to get, and I thought, hey, I could get several books for the price of shipping!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #107
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
The last two Kindles I ordered with free shipping were upgraded to overnight. Either they are in a hurry to get rid of them or they want us to start buying as soon as possible.

Well the new "offers" are in and they think I should buy a purse. Looks like the only deal will be the Father`s day deal. What a let down!

Last edited by chas0039; 06-06-2011 at 04:42 PM.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #108
dagfasdf
dagfasdf began at the beginning.

Device: KSO?
Can anyone write exactly what offers are showing up today - I am considering whether to purchase one now or later?
dagfasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #109
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Offer #11

Save 25% on endless.com

Quote:
For a limited time, Kindle with Special Offers owners can receive 25% off an endless.com order.

Endless.com is an exciting new destination for shoes and handbags dedicated to providing the best prices, selection, and overall experience you'll find online. To put it simply--we LOVE shoes and accessories. We've created a unique store that offers our customers the ability to find what they want easily and quickly, and with our free overnight shipping, free return shipping, price guarantee, and 365-day returns window, we offer our customers a no-risk opportunity to try us out.
Claim offer by Jun 09, 2011 and redeem by Jul 05, 2011

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-10-2011 at 12:52 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #110
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Based on the really crappy offers showing up lately, I would only move now in anticipation of the "$20 gift card for $10" scheduled to show up for father's day. Hopefully they actually do this one. It's hard to believe that they were surprised that this was a popular offer. Come on Amazon, $10 free, how hard is that to figure out.

Anyhow, I found a very high quality leather case on eBay for $13 delivered so my only hope left for any value will be the gift card.

My next Kindle will NOT be a SO. Big mistake returning the first one to get this for the same price. Boy did I get suckered.

Last edited by chas0039; 06-06-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #111
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
This doesn't really contribute much to the topic of this thread, except I just wanted to say it somewhere: I ordered my KSO (wifi) today! I'm so excited...
LOL Congratulations!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #112
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
Guys, the $20 for $10 deal, is it sent pyhsically to our homes ? Or do we get it in email after ordering ? I am not is US so when they were doing it the first time I was afraid to finish my order.

Last edited by patientxtr; 06-09-2011 at 06:16 PM.
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #113
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Got the KSO and after a rather epic struggle with home wifi, got it connected and saw the offers which, alas, are not great--I've got the Endless thing and the buick ad, etc.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Kindle yet....it was such a problem getting wifi connectivity, and it looks like we have to change our router settings every time I want to use the wifi at home, so....It's making me rather impatient.

Ok, off to do more reading to see if I can figure out the problems were having and get around it!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #114
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Got the KSO and after a rather epic struggle with home wifi, got it connected and saw the offers which, alas, are not great--I've got the Endless thing and the buick ad, etc.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Kindle yet....it was such a problem getting wifi connectivity, and it looks like we have to change our router settings every time I want to use the wifi at home, so....It's making me rather impatient.

Ok, off to do more reading to see if I can figure out the problems were having and get around it!
Congrats on your new arrival and sorry you're having router issues. I know little about routers, so I can't help there. Hopefully, someone else can help you there.

The next offer should drop tonight at midnight. In the beginning, the offers were great; but lately, not so. Hopefully things will improve or Amazon just may see a drop in KSO sales.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #115
chas0039
Sceptic

I am going to ask over in the developer's corner as to some specifics, but it looks as though all the gifs for the special offers are in the .assets folder in the system folder. I looked through all of them and I can see what we have been offered as well as what is coming. The odd one is the $20 card for $10 which has a date of 6/2 rather than the date of which implies it was offered last week.

The upcoming offers for tonight look like they will be some Covergirl stuff, save $20 on Amazon GPS devices, some deal on another Buick, the Enclave, and a repeat of the 3X Amazon credit card points. These are all dated 6/9 but the prior dates don't match the actual offer dates so I am not sure what is going on. My guess would be that my KSO has odd dates due to the fact it is only 2 weeks old.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #116
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
I am going to ask over in the developer's corner as to some specifics, but it looks as though all the gifs for the special offers are in the .assets folder in the system folder. I looked through all of them and I can see what we have been offered as well as what is coming. The odd one is the $20 card for $10 which has a date of 6/2 rather than the date of which implies it was offered last week.

The upcoming offers for tonight look like they will be some Covergirl stuff, save $20 on Amazon GPS devices, some deal on another Buick, the Enclave, and a repeat of the 3X Amazon credit card points. These are all dated 6/9 but the prior dates don't match the actual offer dates so I am not sure what is going on. My guess would be that my KSO has odd dates due to the fact it is only 2 weeks old.
My guess would be that the KSO downloads new ads weeks in advance and that these ads are going to be repeated in the future. I say this based on the fact that I found five different offers that have not been offered yet but have dates in the past three weeks already stored on the Kindle and at the current rate of one every four days, this should take of the next 20 days. I have attached the ads themselves in case anyone is curious or wants a preview of what the upcoming offers might be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr1.gif
Views:	171
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	72578   Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr2.gif
Views:	190
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	72579   Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr3.gif
Views:	182
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	72580   Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr4.gif
Views:	182
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	72581   Click image for larger version

Name:	screensvr5.gif
Views:	180
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	72582  
belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:19 AM   #117
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Ooo I really want the swimsuit one. (Others too but I need a swimsuit bad lol)
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #118
chas0039
Sceptic

Well, as Amazon skipped the $20 offer they promised for Father's day in favor of the furniture, hopefully you are right and they will offer it later. Now if we could figure out what the system is.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #119
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Offer #12

Get $50 off Strathwood patio furniture when you spend $100

Quote:
Strathwood offers stylish, high-quality furniture, décor, and more. Sold exclusively through Amazon.com, every Strathwood product has quality, ease of use, and casual elegance at its core. Each product is rigorously tested for durability, and assembly instructions have been standardized for simplicity from start to finish. Each Strathwood product is sleekly designed, handsomely finished, and built to last. This classic style and reliable craftsmanship will weather ever-changing trends and regular use for years to come.
Claim offer by Jun 13, 2011 and redeem by Jul 13, 2011

Offer #13 should drop Jun 14th and is expected to be the $20 Amazon Gift Card for $10.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-14-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #120
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Patio furniture ...like, wow ...I hope they offer prune juice soon