Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #8611
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrywoman View Post
This is the list for the same 90% off code from a few months ago: http://store.kobobooks.com/List/Get9...WE2OH9iWV93LNA

I don't remember if it's the same list, but the code works.
Thanks! Got a book by Miranda Hart for just £0.62.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #8612
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks, Lynx-lynx and ferrywoman. Worked perfectly. I got The Golden One by Elizabeth Peabody for $1.01.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #8613
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Weirdly enough, should you be interested in Raymond E. Feist, beware of the following:

- Some books retain their English title, but may be translated versions, so check the actual language in the details.
- Sometimes a Feist omnibus can be MUCH more expensive than the single books. For example, the four Serpent War Saga books in an omnibus cost €34.95, while the single books cost a total of €24. (Dutch prices, as I'm looking at the Dutch Kobo store now.)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #8614
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks! Got a book by Miranda Hart for just £0.62.
Augh. Not by Miranda Hart, but a book about Miranda Hart.

Luckily I noticed before launching the .acsm file in ADE, so they'e going to give me a store credit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #8615
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Just got this from Kobo email:

Get 90% off selectbestselling titles!
save90bk

Here's the fine print:
Offer valid from June 28, 2014 through July 12, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST. Offer valid only in Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand , United Kingdom and South Africa. Each registered user may use the promotional code for one eBook purchase, on select eBook titles only. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Promotional code must be entered at time of purchase to qualify for this discount. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. Kobo reserves the right to change the titles in this list at any time without notice. Kobo reserves the right to change or end this offer at any time without notice.

Can't test it because not on PC (sending from phone)
It worked on that list posted and I had like 56 cents of store credit from the settlement so it was free.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #8616
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefcandles View Post
Good old Kobo. Not only does the book selection on that list vary from country from country, but the price for an individual title might vary greatly from country to country as well.

For example, Parade's End is priced at $13.09 in the US, £3.35 in the UK, 3.79 € in France, and (drum roll please) RS 127.00 in India. Choose wisely, folks.
Glad I got Parade's End from Amazon back when it was 99 cents US, then.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #8617
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
This is the list for the same 90% off code from a few months ago: http://store.kobobooks.com/List/Get9...WE2OH9iWV93LNA

I don't remember if it's the same list, but the code works.
I got the error message "We couldn’t apply this promo code to your purchase." on four different books from that list.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #8618
Pierre Menard
Zealot
Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Does anyone else find the way Kobo displays books to be really frickin' annoying? Sometimes when they do a select list like this it does have decent books that I might actually be interested in, but trying to view the list gets so painful that I usually wind up just not looking.

Is it so hard to just make a grid so you can scan straight across the line? Or offer options to change to text view, smaller covers, etc?
Pierre Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #8619
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Menard View Post
Does anyone else find the way Kobo displays books to be really frickin' annoying?
I do, and what about when the list of books is large and you have to keep pushing the button to show more books, how annoying is that.

I find that almost all the kobo web site needs a lot of improvement, trying to find something is stressful, I buy there because off the coupons if not for them I would give up.

The search engine is awful, they have very few filters and the ones they have don't work most of the times, if I chose books in english why do they list the ones in german or another language as well?

Also if I'm interested in a series and want to see the other books I use the link about that series (its above the cover) and most of the times it leads to books that are not from the series, I don't understand what is the point off putting it there if it doesn't work.

I keep hoping that they improve the site.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #8620
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
I do, and what about when the list of books is large and you have to keep pushing the button to show more books, how annoying is that.

I find that almost all the kobo web site needs a lot of improvement, trying to find something is stressful, I buy there because off the coupons if not for them I would give up.

The search engine is awful, they have very few filters and the ones they have don't work most of the times, if I chose books in english why do they list the ones in german or another language as well?

Also if I'm interested in a series and want to see the other books I use the link about that series (its above the cover) and most of the times it leads to books that are not from the series, I don't understand what is the point off putting it there if it doesn't work.

I keep hoping that they improve the site.
AGREED!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #8621
rollei
Addict
rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
I got the error message "We couldn’t apply this promo code to your purchase." on four different books from that list.
The code works on that list. I'm in Canada. The offer is good in Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand , United Kingdom and South Africa.
rollei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #8622
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollei View Post
The code works on that list. I'm in Canada. The offer is good in Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand , United Kingdom and South Africa.
I tried my home address (Canada), and than my alternate addresses in both the UK and USA. Nothing worked. I tried restarting my browser, and my laptop even, clearing cache, nothing worked.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #8623
rollei
Addict
rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rollei ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Menard View Post
Does anyone else find the way Kobo displays books to be really frickin' annoying? Sometimes when they do a select list like this it does have decent books that I might actually be interested in, but trying to view the list gets so painful that I usually wind up just not looking.

Is it so hard to just make a grid so you can scan straight across the line? Or offer options to change to text view, smaller covers, etc?
Yes, the way Kobo display the list of books either from that promo list or from search results is hard to view. I would prefer to browse a results list from Amazon than Kobo.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #8624
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
I tried my home address (Canada), and than my alternate addresses in both the UK and USA. Nothing worked. I tried restarting my browser, and my laptop even, clearing cache, nothing worked.
I posted the deal on my blog and first thing someone wrote in the comments that it didn't work for them. She's in the US. Sometimes the stuff just ain't all there.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #8625
rollei
Addict

Quote:
That is truly weird. I went back to the link, tested on several books and the code works. I think the code is one-time use.

Quote:
Each registered user may use the promotional code for one eBook purchase, on select eBook titles only.
Here is the link that I use (from the earlier threads):
http://store.kobobooks.com/List/Get9...WE2OH9iWV93LNA

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals