Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
If you *really* want to run usability tests, you can get the actual screen size for each reader and go into a word processor and create a text box of that size. Then fill the box with text formated to your taste. Print it out: that is pretty much how each size screen will display.
For extra points you could do a cardboard mockup of each readers' overall size and paste the printout in it.

(Me, I went as far as the cardboard mockup for my first eink reader to see how usable the button placement we. Screen sizes I don'tt sweat much but ergonomics are important to me.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@vicroamer,

In case it helps I've attached a screencap of a typical page on my PB360 (epub using AdobeViewer reading app).

Lifesize is precisely 3" x 4" so if you adjust your image viewer window accordingly you should get an idea.

I suppose I should add that the contrast in real life is not as strong as in the screencap. It is, however, pretty good.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp PB360_page.bmp (234.5 KB, 230 views)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert