Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Aura HD not available

I wanted to buy one and I went to the Italian Mondadori website, and it says that they could deliver after 2nd september. Also the Kobo main website says it is not in stock.
Since it was always stated that it was a limited edition, do you think they are actually not producing it anymore ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I wanted to buy one and I went to the Italian Mondadori website, and it says that they could deliver after 2nd september. Also the Kobo main website says it is not in stock.
Since it was always stated that it was a limited edition, do you think they are actually not producing it anymore ?
No one knows but I can speculate. I think the indications are that they intend to keep providing the Aura. Your research shows that Auras will be available to you in September and they will be offered in US bookstores in August. This seems to indicate that Kobo ordered an additional production.

I think the "Limited Edition" tag simply indicates that the Aura is the Mercedes-Benz of eReaders. It will appeal to people who appreciate fine products and possibly to the very people most appalled by the eBook. I'm hoping that someone will create a book cover for it that measures up.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
I concur with the previous poster. I think Aura is going into wider distribution.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhigh View Post
I concur with the previous poster. I think Aura is going into wider distribution.
Thanks. Good to know it will be sold in the US stores. That's good news.
Thanks again.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
tschucha
Zealot
tschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfoldedtschucha reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kobo Sage
Kobo Aura HD is available again in the US from the kobo website. They currently have the espresso and ivory versions in stock.
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
I've been looking out for the Aura in my local WH Smith for weeks now, and no sign of it. I like the sound of the reader but would not consider buying one without the opportunity to hold it and try it out.
Has anybody in the UK actually come across this in a WHS store or are they only selling it online?
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #7
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmartin View Post
I've been looking out for the Aura in my local WH Smith for weeks now, and no sign of it. I like the sound of the reader but would not consider buying one without the opportunity to hold it and try it out.
Has anybody in the UK actually come across this in a WHS store or are they only selling it online?
The Aura has been on display at the Watford WH Smiths virtually the day it was launched. That's not to say they have stock available for purchase though.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #8
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I got my Aura from WHSmith only last week, they had stock in all the larger stores near me, Brent Cross, Harrow, Watford, Uxbridge. Try calling the larger stores, though they only seem to stock the black version in stores if you want white or brown you will have to order online.
I would get one in store though, I really wanted white but settled for black as I could test it instore first. Glad I did as the display one had the lit pinholes in the light layer and the first unit they sold me also had one right in the middle of the screen, luckily I asked for it to be opened while I was there so was able to get it swapped for a good one. I very happy with mine, I knew I would buy it the moment I saw it on display, the larger screen and higher resolution were just too good to pass up for me.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #9
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Looks like its only available in store in the SE of England. Gosh, what a surprise
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #10
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmartin View Post
Looks like its only available in store in the SE of England. Gosh, what a surprise
In Italy the wait has just become longer, now the Mondadori website says that availability has been bumped up to the 17th of september, in 2 days they have delayed 2 weeks.
More time to decide ......
Old 07-17-2013, 06:29 AM   #11
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Can you get it from somewhere else? I looked on italian amazon for the heck of it and they seem to have it. Maybe some other site has them too?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Arfur Brain
Arfur Brain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Gilmartin, not just in the SE. It's available in WHSmiths in Nottingham. Got mine two months ago, never looked back.
Arfur Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Can you get it from somewhere else? I looked on italian amazon for the heck of it and they seem to have it. Maybe some other site has them too?
You are right, I have checked as you suggested, it is sold on amazon, but it costs about 20% more, almost 200€ against 169. Never mind, I can wait, it is not so urgent.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #14
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
There are a few on ebay.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #15
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
In Italy they also sell it at euronics and Mediaworld stores (not sure if MW only on-line and not in stores, but they sell it for sure, you can check their websites), I was thinking of buying one myself but wanted to check it in a store, so I'm probably going to a few of these to see if they have them there.
glos is offline   Reply With Quote