Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Android?

Will android be coming to the firefly?
If so, will you be able to install the kindle app?

Thanks
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
I don't think so. But some rumours I've heard about Android on ONYX have in mind new model which will come before NY.
That is not solid issue, just rumours yet.
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
If so, will you be able to install the kindle app?

Thanks
Yes to both questions.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Yes to both questions.
Thanks for the reply. I shall definitely buy this ereader.
Any idea on the time frame though?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1024
Позавчера обсуждали вопрос о портировании Андроида. Могу сказать следующее:
1) Компания Onyx International сообщила МакЦентру о том, что с портированием Андроида на М92 имеются определенные сложности. Поэтому до конца еще неизвестно, будет ли на М92 портирован Андроид. Но в любом случае в 2013 году будет выпущена новая десятидюймовка, работающая на Андроиде.
2) Также ничего неизвестно и насчет Андроида на i62; в этом имеются еще бОльшие сомнения. Фотографии Андроида якобы на i62, выложенные Booxtor'ом, точь-в-точь совпадают с фотографиями, которые прислал Оникс МакЦентру. Только получены они не с i62, а с нового устройства - того самого, что должно выйти уже довольно скоро.
3) Для качественного портирования Андроида требуется достаточно большая команда, и я не думаю, что для какого-либо дистрибьютора коммерчески целесообразно ее нанимать. В Ониксе над портом Андроида работает несколько человек уже достаточно продолжительное время.
Booxtor можете прокомментировать?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1024
day before yesterday discussed the porting of Android. I can say the following:
1) The company Onyx International MakTsentr reported that porting Android to the M92, there are certain difficulties. Therefore, the end is not known whether the M92 ported to Android. But in any case, in 2013, will be issued a new desyatidyuymovka running on Android.
2) It is not known, and what about Android at i62; this are even more questionable. Photos of Android allegedly for i62, posted Booxtor'om, exactly the same with the photographs, which sent Onyx Blogger. Only they are not obtained from the i62, but with a new device - the very thing that should come out pretty soon.
3) The quality of porting Android requires a fairly large team, and I do not think for a distributor of commercial viability of its hiring. In onyx of the port of Android running a few people for quite a long time.
Booxtor can you comment this?
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
Booxtor можете прокомментировать?

Booxtor can you comment this?
Don't worry about! There will be possible a problem with porting of Android to some Russian models and models of ArtaTech (onyx-boox.com). But for regular devices (e.g. sold in our store) it will be available.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Dear Booxtor,
Is the part of (originally Russian) information true which states that Onyx is planning to produce a NEW device which applies Android?
Thank you!
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Dear Booxtor,
Is the part of (originally Russian) information true which states that Onyx is planning to produce a NEW device which applies Android?
Thank you!
No, it is not true (if you are talking about new 10" successor for M92)
Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
szlevi
Enthusiast

Thank you, Booxtor!
And what about those devices mentioned by you earlier?
"Currently there is no plans for new big screen devices by Onyx. Just for 6" devices only (i62 shell with RK2818 CPU@600Mhz and new design with RK2906 CPU @ 1Ghz)."
Old 11-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #10
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I guess it might be the android eink mobile phone. There was a video of its proof of concept.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #11
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Thank you, Booxtor!
And what about those devices mentioned by you earlier?
"Currently there is no plans for new big screen devices by Onyx. Just for 6" devices only (i62 shell with RK2818 CPU@600Mhz and new design with RK2906 CPU @ 1Ghz)."
Here are first pictures of new designed Boox with Android (RK2906 CPU @ 1Ghz)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07073.JPG
Views:	2974
Size:	761.8 KB
ID:	96228   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07075.JPG
Views:	2653
Size:	733.5 KB
ID:	96229   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07066.JPG
Views:	1217
Size:	717.8 KB
ID:	96230   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07069.JPG
Views:	765
Size:	725.5 KB
ID:	96231  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #12
thorgal
thorgal began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Onyx M92
Looks extremely cool. However i have a serious doubt about installing android into my M92. Will autonomy and/or battery life be sensibly shortened with respect normal firmware?
thorgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Is that the i62 HD firefly?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Is that the i62 HD firefly?
No. It is a new comming modell with just Android.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
szlevi
Enthusiast

Wow! The pictures are impressive!
Do you have idea when these devices arrive? Weeks, months, next year?

But after i62HD will be enabled to run Android, will that be able to support almost the same functions as these new ones?
Thank you!
Quote: