Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #46
gczobel
Enthusiast
gczobel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle DXG
I tested it on Windows 7 x64 and work perfect.
Thank you!!!
gczobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:21 AM   #47
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
This is all very well, and very exciting, but I cannot get it to work for me on Win 7, 64 Bit, I have followed all directions, suggestions above, but alas, no joy.

Ah well such is life!!
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #48
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Unhappy

pendragginp, Onemack, or anybody else whose PC does not run MobiHandler properly, can you run the "report.exe" program contained in the attached "debug.zip" file and let me know the text it showed, please?

The report.exe program should be run before installing MobiHandler or after uninstalling it.

(The file report.cpp is a source of report.exe and not used.)

I suspect some registry entries on your PC block MobiHandler to run. This program tests for the suspicious registry values and report them. I hope the test result helps me to solve the issue.

I attached a screen shot taken on my PC. If you see exactly the same window, you can simply say so.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Alissa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	report.png
Views:	413
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	70649  
Attached Files
File Type: zip debug.zip (23.9 KB, 362 views)

Last edited by Alissa; 04-29-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #49
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Alissa, I'm away from home this weekend, but I'll check it out when I'm back home.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #50
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool some files do not display their covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa View Post
...or anybody else whose PC does not run MobiHandler properly, can you run the "report.exe" program contained in the attached "debug.zip" file and let me know the text it showed, please?
Alissa....i have your program running on a 64 bit win7 hp laptop and it works partially. out of a bu folder (i have copies of all my amazon books stored there) of 112 azw & tpz files (there are 5 tpz files) there are 30 azw's and all 5 of the tpz's that do not display their covers.
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #51
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

I sometimes feel like a simpleton, but if I have run the report properly all I get is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture Onemack.PNG
Views:	424
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	70757  
Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #52
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
out of a bu folder (i have copies of all my amazon books stored there) of 112 azw & tpz files (there are 5 tpz files) there are 30 azw's and all 5 of the tpz's that do not display their covers.
Thank you for testing.

Firstly, my program can't handle .tpz files at all. MobiHandler is 100% based on the specification available on this mobileread.com site (primarily on one of its wiki pages), and currently we have no info on tpz (or azw1) file format that enables me to extract a cover image.

On the other hand, I'm interested in the 30 azw files whose covers are not shown. As discussed in another thread, it is known that some of Amazon sold azw eBooks have no cover images included, although K4PC shows shows colorful covers for them. If they fall in this category, that's it. However, if some of them actually contain cover images but MobiHandler can't show them, I want to know the details.

It is appreciated if you can test those 30 azw files with a Kindle device; on the HOME screen of your Kindle, press right of the 5 way on one of those 30 eBooks and see whether Kindle shows a cover image.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #53
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
It all works like a charm on Vista 64, here. Thank you!
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #54
Alissa
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemack View Post
I sometimes feel like a simpleton, but if I have run the report properly all I get is
Thank you, Onemack. It is one of the expected report. I was too lazy to author an appropriate message to explain the case...

I guess you have no K4PC or other MOBI/azw capable ebook reader on your PC. Is it correct? And you have a problem using MobiHandler, while the installation was successful?
Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #55
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool test of 30 azw files

Quote:
Thank you for testing.
It is appreciated if you can test those 30 azw files with a Kindle device; on the HOME screen of your Kindle, press right of the 5 way on one of those 30 eBooks and see whether Kindle shows a cover image.
20 of them have no cover, ten of them have some kind of cover. (not real book covers).
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #56
Onemack
Groupie

Quote:
Thank you, Onemack. It is one of the expected report. I was too lazy to author an appropriate message to explain the case...

I guess you have no K4PC or other MOBI/azw capable ebook reader on your PC. Is it correct? And you have a problem using MobiHandler, while the installation was successful?
To the contrary I have K4PC 1.4.1 (31629) as well as Mobi Reader version 6.2 build 608, not to mention Calibre 0.7.59. And I have no problem using MobiHandler, apart from the fact that it does not seem to work on my system which is fairly standard. I have a large collection of mobipocket books, kindle books, both DRM and otherwise and none show covers as per your program.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #57
Alissa
Connoisseur

Onemack, thank you for the clarification.

I have no idea what's happening on your PC, then. I need some more time to think.

BTW, what is your OS? Your screen shot appears as Windows Vista or Windows 7. Which are you using? And, is it a 32 bit or 64 bit?
Old 05-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #58
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Win 7 64 bit - works OK on many of my files, but for some it states "File not a valid mobi file" (or similar) - and yet all are either .mobi or .prc ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #59
Onemack
Groupie

Quote:
BTW, what is your OS? Your screen shot appears as Windows Vista or Windows 7. Which are you using? And, is it a 32 bit or 64 bit?
Windows 7, 64 bit, including all updates
Old 05-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #60
Alissa
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
for some it states "File not a valid mobi file" (or similar) - and yet all are either .mobi or .prc ....
Hmm.

I want to examine that one of the particular .mobi/.prc files that MobiHandler considered not a valid mobi file. Don't they include a free ebook that you are allowed to give me? Or, if you can point me a site and exact book identity, I can buy it (as long as it is inexpensive. )

I should have included some diagnostic mode...

Alissa