Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
lone_wolf
lone_wolf began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
software issues..

ok, my EB1150 works great.. until i insert my memory card.

now if i have a mem card in it and turn it off, it turns back on in a few minutes, and says its going to sleep. it wont let me do anything but hit the reset button. if i leave it on for a while it automatically resets, but goes trough the same thing again.

it does not do this without a memory card in it.

the only way to stop this is to press the reset button. anyone know anything about this problem? its a real PITA..
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
ok, my EB1150 works great.. until i insert my memory card.

now if i have a mem card in it and turn it off, it turns back on in a few minutes, and says its going to sleep. it wont let me do anything but hit the reset button. if i leave it on for a while it automatically resets, but goes trough the same thing again.

it does not do this without a memory card in it.

the only way to stop this is to press the reset button. anyone know anything about this problem? its a real PITA..
It sounds like a corrupt card.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
lone_wolf

so how do i fix it? the things are way too expensive to throw out..
Old 12-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
I am not sure this can be fixed... what about getting the card exchanged..surely it is not your fault it is corrupted
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
lone_wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldinghamuk View Post
I am not sure this can be fixed... what about getting the card exchanged..surely it is not your fault it is corrupted
i bought it used off ebay..

the thing is, despite my best efforts, my computer can't find anything wrong with it. i have formatted it several times attempting to figure it out..
Old 12-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
i bought it used off ebay..

the thing is, despite my best efforts, my computer can't find anything wrong with it. i have formatted it several times attempting to figure it out..
The problem is that Ebk1150 uses a low-level formatting for the card; there are some older cameras that can do that formatting, but regular Windows formatting will not work. It's a very tricky issue, and I have not succeeded in solving it (tried some low-level formatter software on the net but it still did not work, and I did not have the time and patience to do it at the binary level with an editor, though there are some guides out there). Ultimately I just bit the bullet and forgot about using that card with Ebk1150.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
The problem is that Ebk1150 uses a low-level formatting for the card; there are some older cameras that can do that formatting, but regular Windows formatting will not work. It's a very tricky issue, and I have not succeeded in solving it (tried some low-level formatter software on the net but it still did not work, and I did not have the time and patience to do it at the binary level with an editor, though there are some guides out there). Ultimately I just bit the bullet and forgot about using that card with Ebk1150.
There is a guy on eBay that can generally fix these cards. He charges about $6 I believe to do it. It is related to things called smprep and smformat which adds some low level stuff to the card.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is a guy on eBay that can generally fix these cards. He charges about $6 I believe to do it. It is related to things called smprep and smformat which adds some low level stuff to the card.

Dale
Very good info for people needing this. Considering the prices of SmartMedia cards it may be worth if you do not have another card.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote