Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Goodreader questions

I've been using Goodreader for quite a while now, but there are still some things I don't know...

...is it possible to have the clock displayed while reading as on a customized Sony reader?
...is there a way to have a status bar showing while reading which indicates where you are in a book (something like the bar you get when you tap to get the menu, but without the menu)

I think these are the most important things I'm currently missing. I really got used to the clock display on my Sony. When reading on the iPad I mostly forget about time....
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
When reading on the iPad I mostly forget about time....
Like that's a bad thing!

Sorry, I am not familiar with Goodreader. I know the clock shows in iBooks.
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
I've been using Goodreader for quite a while now, but there are still some things I don't know...

...is it possible to have the clock displayed while reading as on a customized Sony reader?
...is there a way to have a status bar showing while reading which indicates where you are in a book (something like the bar you get when you tap to get the menu, but without the menu)
As far as I can tell, the only way to have the clock or status info appear is to bring up the osd (i.e. tap the center of the screen, or three finger tap anywhere). You can leave the osd up while you read, but it gets in the way.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote