Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezh View Post
Mine (ordered from amazon.fr) is scheduled for delivery next Friday. Will let you know, but I'm sure others will have theirs before I do.

Just praying I can install an older FW version like <cough> 5.3.4. Keeping that dream alive...
Tried the 5.3.1 PW1 update, but it wasn't recognized (grayed out choice). I have a complete 5.3.1 PW1 image file that I'm itching to overwrite using unix "dd" but I gotta admit I am chicken! Do I hear any "I dare you!"s Will I brick it ixtab?
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypaulie View Post
Tried the 5.3.1 PW1 update, but it wasn't recognized (grayed out choice). I have a complete 5.3.1 PW1 image file that I'm itching to overwrite using unix "dd" but I gotta admit I am chicken! Do I hear any "I dare you!"s Will I brick it ixtab?
Yes, you will, so don't attempt it. The PW2 hardware is "incompatible" with the PW1 one.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Thanks!!! You saved my life - I can be pretty foolhardy sometimes.

Last edited by nypaulie; 10-03-2013 at 05:36 PM.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
manwoodsal
manwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2 Kindle Keyboard
5.4.0 (2061450050) Amazon with S/O
Wifi
First four: B0D4

Last edited by manwoodsal; 10-03-2013 at 05:41 PM.
manwoodsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Thanks guys, we're good for the US WiFi model .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #21
levante
Connoisseur
levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: kindle NT, PW1, PW2, Kobo H2O
SPAIN

B0D4 wifi

Only a few minutes in my hands
levante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #22
torxt
torxt began at the beginning.

Device: none
wifi
serial: B0D4

so, no int. version? or w ads = usa.
torxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
So far, only the 3G models have been known to use a specific device id, so, nothing out of the ordinary so far .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
A friend of mine has also a PW from italy, serial B0D4 and firmware 5.4.0.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
WiFi, 5.4.0 (2061450050), B0D4 purchased in Spain in Spanish Store without Adds. Two units purchased with same details.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

B0D4 (Wifi / DE) firmware 5.4.0.
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #27
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Wi-Fi, ordered from amazon.fr B0D4, FW 5.4.0.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #28
ereaderundecided
Connoisseur
ereaderundecided began at the beginning.

I believe the US version has the NSA chip installed : )
ereaderundecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #29
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderundecided View Post
I believe the US version has the NSA chip installed : )
Better laughing than crying... Has been seen before
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #30
Jon_W
Jon_W began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
United Kingdom (England )

B0D4 5.4.0 Wi-Fi
Jon_W is offline   Reply With Quote