Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
mufc
Connoisseur
mufc doesn't littermufc doesn't litter

Device: Sony 650
What causes a book to freeze at same page

What causes a book to freeze at same page every time and force a reboot of my Sony 650. I have tried the usual by reconverting to epub with my own settings in preferences/common options but still it happens. I have searched all files after exploding epub and I cannot find anything that points to this problem. The only thing I can think of is the entire book consists of only 4 html pages (book is 462 pages long) and maybe that is too much for the memory.
It works fine in Calibre's Ebook Viewer.
Any Ideas ?
mufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc View Post
What causes a book to freeze at same page every time and force a reboot of my Sony 650. I have tried the usual by reconverting to epub with my own settings in preferences/common options but still it happens. I have searched all files after exploding epub and I cannot find anything that points to this problem. The only thing I can think of is the entire book consists of only 4 html pages (book is 462 pages long) and maybe that is too much for the memory.
It works fine in Calibre's Ebook Viewer.
Any Ideas ?
Note where it fails, open up the ePub in Sigil and find the general area where it fails. Look at the code view, find the odd code and delete it. Now save the epub and check it in the reader.

I did this once with success. I can't remember what I removed, but it was one of these things is not like the others kind of thing.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
mufc
Connoisseur

This is the only css through the entire document after the standard beginning
<br class="calibre3"/>
Old 03-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I had this happen once on my 300. The problem turned out to be that the epub was not internally split (similar to yours), and the html segment was too long. It died when it got beyond a certain size.

I fixed it by converting EPUB to EPUB in calibre.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
mufc
Connoisseur

Is there a setting in epub to epub conversion to split big html files ? I have already done epub to epub in Calibre with no luck
Old 03-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc View Post
Is there a setting in epub to epub conversion to split big html files ? I have already done epub to epub in Calibre with no luck
Yes in the ePub output "Split files larger than" 260k is the default and should remain 260k for any Sony device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
mufc
Connoisseur

Book is fixed(and others). 260k is standard for Sony conversion correct, but the book froze at those settings. I changed it to 100k and now it works fine.
What I did was first exploded epub. Delete the css file and "page-template.xpgt" if it exists. Rebuilt the epub, then converted from epub to epub with my own settings in preferences/common options and all the problem books now work fine. In fact I do all these steps for all my books except I leave the setting at 260k for non problem books.