Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Asimov's Science Fiction - e-distribution numbers

I just received the most recent issue of Asimov's SF, and in the editorial it states:

Quote:
...we are available from Fictionwise, the eBook retailer, and on Amazon's Kindle in a downloadable electronic format, and we expect to be offered at other electronic venues soon. The number of subscribers to our print edition is almost exactly the same as last year, but we've seen explosive growth in electronic subscriptions. More than 10 percent of you now take delivery of the magazine as an electronic download.
I suspect that a fairly large percentage of that "10 percent" are previous subscribers of the paper edition, and who (having now acquired e-readers) have also started buying the e-editions, but their paper subscriptions haven't expired. I'd be very surprised if they don't see a significant drop in paper renewals over the next year or two as a result.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
I suspect that a fairly large percentage of that "10 percent" are previous subscribers of the paper edition, and who (having now acquired e-readers) have also started buying the e-editions, but their paper subscriptions haven't expired. I'd be very surprised if they don't see a significant drop in paper renewals over the next year or two as a result.
I know of at least one--me. I converted my Asimov's subscription to Fictionwise a couple of years ago and never looked back. I did the same with Analog and F&SF.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert